Kafka Engineer - Payments About the Role:
This role would be ideal for an experienced Kafka Engineer, with a strong background in managing large and complex Kafka Clusters. Reporting into the Technical Manager for Payments, you will interact with a range of internal teams and stakeholders including but not limited to Program Managers, Software Engineers, Devops Specialists, Systems Engineers, Squad Leads, Staff Engineers and Change Owners. You will be part of the Payments team in supporting both their Domestic and International payments development initiatives, in line with the Group Strategy; which entails ensuring that the product meets the safety, sound and secure standards. What skills you will possess:
What's in it for you?
- Demonstrable experience managing end to end life cycle deployments and maintenance of Apache Kafka clusters, along with an adept understanding of Kafka topics, replication, availability, broker-upgrades, monitoring and metrics, would be mandatory.
- Commendable expertise in managing high availability platforms, distributed and clustered environments like Mesos, k8s and Docker would be highly essential.
- Past experience working with application monitoring and alerting using Prometheus or AppDynamics, CI/ CD tooling and understanding of Rest APIs would be highly desirable.
- Design and execution of performance and failover testing, along with a working knowledge of security protocols would be desirable but not mandatory.
- An exceptional ability to effectively communicate and influence stakeholders, inclusive of internal and external cross functional teams is highly essential.
- Flexible working programs to support your work life balance!
- An inclusive team culture that promotes collaboration and innovation at all times
- Group Health Fund and award-winning Super fund to support your mental well being
- Career development programs to drive your own career growth!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 29/09/2020