• Key role in deal executions for ventures investments
• Contribute to better outcomes in line with ANZ Strategy
• Requires forward-looking approach to meet the bank’s future need About The Role
Role Location: Sydney
Role Type: Permanent
As an Investment Manager, you will be fully involved in various stages of deal execution including sourcing, screening, analysing and executing venture investments
Your key priorities and responsibilities include:
• Conduct detailed industry, business, financial, technology due diligence on prospective investments. Modelling and preparation of reports and recommendations for potential transactions.
• Prepare in depth financial and data analysis for potential investments including customer and management references, market sizing and mapping and industry research.
• Provide market insights, investment ideas, and build cases for potential investments
• Source new venture investments including meeting with founder and entrepreneurs, attending relevant conferences and networking events and calling on new prospects. Build relationships to manage a sustainable deal pipeline
• Network with investors, managers, industry CEOs and professionals in start-up eco systems
• Present fair view analysis of potential deals to Investment Committee / Innovation Council.
• Take on post investment management duties as required including monitoring and evaluating performance of new and existing investments.
• Liaise with external consultants About You
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
• Venture capital or early stage private equity experience. Investment banking, management consulting or experience with technology companies in product management or business development roles.
• Superior financial modelling, writing and presentation skills
• Excellent research and organisation skills
• Exceptional communication, interpersonal and networking skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships.
• Strong active ties with the VC community
• Ability to interpret data and provide relevant conclusions and recommendations
• Keen interest in innovation and technology About ANZ
ANZ is a great place to grow. We know our people look to their leaders to understand what is and isn’t valued.
Developing a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture. It means we actively encourage people to try new things so we can improve. With effort, we can all learn and grow.
We ask our leaders to practice daily leadership behaviours – things like connecting with empathy, empowering people, growing people selflessly, being curious and creating shared clarity. These are the leadership behaviours we need to transform ANZ. We support our leaders with tools, tips and online coaching.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS1010805 .