- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Sydney New South Wales AU
- Permanent, Full time
- Willis Towers Watson Singapore
- 15 Mar 18 2018-03-15
As an Investment Analyst, you will have exposure to wide range of assignments that will draw on your imagination and creativity as well as your ability to analyse data, draw conclusions and present results. These experiences will help build your technical knowledge and overall industry expertise while you also benefit from strong mentoring and support in the completion of your actuarial or CFA qualifications.
At Willis Towers Watson Investment, we advise large institutional investors, such as super funds, insurers and endowments on their long-term investment strategies. Collectively our Australian clients manage more than $300 billion in assets and are amongst the most innovative and successful institutional investors in Australia. Our clients typically invest in a portfolio of diverse, global investments with the ultimate goal of generating long-term real returns at a rate sufficient to meet their stakeholders’ requirements. We add value by developing tailored investment solutions for our clients which are expected to meet these return objectives, but importantly, also take into account each client’s tolerance for investment risk, complexity, fee budgets and any other specific requirements. From idea, to innovative research to careful analysis and capable execution, we partner with our clients to give them a competitive edge.
This role is intended to support both our portfolio management and sales functions. You will work with consultants and portfolio managers to assist in supporting first class service to our delegated clients on a broad range of issues including: performance and exposure reporting, risk budgeting, strategic and dynamic asset allocation, portfolio construction, manager selection and monitoring. You will also work closely with our sales function, supporting our growth through prospect analysis. In joining Willis Towers Watson, you will gain valuable insight from leading industry experts, on the job, every day. You will gain expertise in a variety of investment areas, as well as developing your knowledge of the investment industry in Australia, with potential to specialise over time.
This opportunity would be suitable for a graduate with some experience looking to continue or transition into a career as an investment analyst.
- Build technical knowledge of investment across asset classes, Willis Towers Watson investment processes, other house views and best practice
- Analyse the risk and return characteristics of different asset classes and portfolios using both quantitative models and qualitative methods in order to develop skills in investment strategy, risk budgeting and portfolio construction
- Research and assess fund managers’ investment offerings
- Draft reports for clients on different investment topics
- Engage with various industry participants including fund executives and investment managers
- Build strong relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
- Support other team-members in carrying out quantitative analysis, assisting in the construction and delivery of client reports and contribute to a collaborative and inclusive team culture
- Work with experienced client facing consultants and portfolio managers to iteratively design and manage investment solutions for our clients
- Establish and develop professional relationships with
- Co-ordinate the workflow of client assignments, which includes timely escalation of any issues to consultants
- Contribute to sales and marketing efforts by undertaking prospect analysis, drafting proposals and responses to RFPs
- Support achievement of our team’s financial goals by working efficiently, helping to contain costs where possible and identifying and raising with colleagues any process improvement suggestions
- A university degree in finance, commerce, economics, actuarial studies or other relevant discipline
- A strong desire to develop a career in investment
- Commitment to completing either CFA or actuarial qualifications (for which Willis Towers Watson provides generous support)
- An engaging and enthusiastic mind-set
- A desire for intellectual stimulation and challenge
- Strong ability to balance lateral thinking with pragmatism
- Strong analytical skills, logical thought processes and strong numeracy
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in all work
- Ability to utilise your written and verbal communication skills to formulate and present recommendations clearly and concisely
- A natural affinity with people and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong project management/organisational skills, with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
Please provide a copy of your most recent academic transcript with your application.
Applicants must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or hold a valid and appropriate permanent working visa. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any basis. We support flexible working and this role will be considered on a flexible basis.