See job description for details
About The Company
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 42 countries the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, product and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals. About The Role
Morgan Stanley Institutional Equity Division (IED) is the global leader in the trading of equity, equity-linked and equity-derivative securities.
As a member of the equity research sales team you will be responsible for the development, presentation and distribution of investment ideas to key institutional clients.
We are currently looking for a sales person to join our Research Sales team based in Sydney Responsibilities
• Work alongside our experienced sales teams facilitating our client needs and establishing and maintaining long-term client relationships.
• Assist with developing and presenting investment ideas, relevant stock specific and market information while promoting and cross selling the Firm’s expertise across different equity related products
• Analyze market fundamentals and liaise with research and sales teams to develop investment recommendations and insight for institutional clients.
• Provide quantitative and qualitative analysis around client revenue and profitability; work to efficiently manage commission dollars by creating increased transparency around the services that client’s value.
• Contribute and collaborate with existing sales staff to present a cohesive sales team focusing on delivering outcomes for clients, build long-term client connectivity, promote Morgan Stanley’s extensive research capability and representing the firm with clients on important business issues.
• Learn and build on product knowledge and relative-value analytical skills, institutional investor service and trading strategies.
• Liaise with other salespeople and capital market professionals to develop and disseminate investment ideas while upholding Morgan Stanley key core values. Qualifications: Key Requirements
Qualifications / Experience required
• Post-graduate qualifications in Finance, economics or similar
• 2-3 years relevant experience in investment research or selling Equity products to Financial Institutions
• Strong knowledge of Equity Markets
• Attention to detail
• Must be an excellent team player with a strong work ethic
• Ability to multi-task in a high-pressure environment
• Strong interpersonal/relationship-building skills
• Presentation skills and confidence in telephone, written and face-to-face interactions
Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce.