Delivering actionable insights will contribute to the optimisation of our customers' sales & service experience See yourself in the team:
The team comprises of analytics roles developing product insights supporting our business teams in Everyday Banking.
The team performs behavioural analysis to enable business decision making at a strategic and tactical level. We support through the delivery of actionable insights derived with a particular focus on revenue/cost saving opportunity identification/sizing for our stakeholders What you will do:
This role will deliver insights and analytics which inform the business of profitable growth, regulatory and customer satisfaction opportunities and outcomes.
A top-down approach, determined by a good understanding of profit drivers, cost levers, and retail banking, will help you assist your team to find business opportunities/threats.
Applying a practical lens will ensure your work is aligned with business strategy and can be executed on by the product teams. More specifically:
We are interested in hearing from you...
- Problem solving
- Critically evaluate the stated business problem independently and uncover the underlying root cause
- Design a structured analytics plan with minimal support from manager
- Effectively manage time & resources (including codes, data and knowledge) to balance value vs effort
- Stakeholder relationships
- Own and lead communication with stakeholders on project status and findings
- Seeing the project through a stakeholder lens whilst objectively representing the facts/insights
- Build and strengthen stakeholder trust
- Communication, presentation and sharing knowledge
- Tailor communication/presentation to the audience
- Apply clear, structured and concise communication/presentation
- Share knowledge amongst the analytics and business community (e.g. data sources, insights)
- Leverage analytical expertise and experience to deliver high quality insights independently
- Accountability and ownership of end to end solution including documentation and quality assurance
- Coaching other team members on areas of expertise
- 1-3 years' experience in data analytics, business analytics or business intelligence, modelling, or related area
- Knowledge of analytical software tools and technology, and preferably statistical modelling techniques
- Knowledge of SQL is essential, and the ability to query complex data warehouses;
- Knowledge of other analytics software such as SAS or R
- Strong written and verbal communication required to be able to articulate insights
- Ability to prioritise work, keeping project objectives at the forefront of the decision making process
- Problem-solving skills required
- Experience in delivering top-down strategic (analytical) projects and/or direct collaboration experience with senior leaders or stakeholders is a plus
- Tertiary education in a STEM field, or other quantitative area
- You are analytical, strategic, and a forward thinking creative-problem solver, capable of working both within a team and independently
- You are passionate about customers and the opportunity to build trust and customer advocacy through data driven insights.
- You are enthusiastic, self-motivated and focused on continuous improvement.
- You share knowledge with other analysts across the team to cross-pollinate and lift the skillset across the team.
- You look beyond the status quo to try new approaches and tools, thereby lifting the overall capability of the team.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 03/06/2021