Infrastructure Engagement and Delivery Manager
Some Career Choices Have More Impact Than Others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with customers and colleagues and who'll work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you'll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness program including discounted gym memberships.
Our ambition is to become Australia's #1 International Retail Bank, to focus on the internationalist customer and to build a progressive bank for the future. We are investing in long term growth including expanding our technology capability to deliver a IT service to our customer's business. We currently have a new opportunity in our ITID local PMO team based in Sydney where you will be delivering and implementing the HSBC Technology Strategy that underpins some the core IT services and IT infrastructure that run the bank. The ITID engagement and delivery manager is accountable for the successful delivery of the PMO framework and reporting, driving local projects and ensuring benefits realisation. Projects may be standalone or part of a wider global program of activity. The role is key in managing the technology delivery, governance and controls. This will require working closely with business teams, multiple development teams, to deliver at pace within an agile environment. Responsibilities
• Drive the establishment of effective project controls, procedures and quality assurance processes.
• Lead the project approach, building stakeholder buy-in around the project plan, commitments and changes.
• Provide management to maintain a focus on how the project aligns to wider program objectives, where appropriate, and to the change portfolio across HSBC
• Promote and take accountability for project quality; identify opportunities to improve delivery. Taking a hands on approach as necessary.
• Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Drive the adoption of HSBC project standards and work in alignment with HSBC project methodology at all times.
• Plan and analyses costs, tracking operating and capital spend
• Report progress, issues, dependencies and risks to project or program leadership and committees as appropriate and make recommendations to influence decision making in order to maintain progress towards delivery and benefits realisation. Qualifications Knowledge & Experience:
• Degree in Information Technology, Engineering or industry related fields
• Experience in enterprise finance and banking related industries
• Risk management and reporting
• Experience in the delivery of IT infrastructure, and networks
• Experience in delivery of cloud technology is a plus
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proven project leadership skills including coaching, motivation and communications skills to inspire others
• Active Negotiation Skills and Accountability.
• Understand IT Architecture and Standards a plus
• Agile Scheduling Skills.
• Broad Meeting Management Skills.
• Decision making skills
• Proficiency in verbal and written English, especially proficient in email communication and reporting
• Strong customer focus and commitment to delivery; Excellent problem solving and User support skills
• Flexibility to work with colleagues in different markets / locations / time zones.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment to deliver high quality results under tight schedule and high pressure
• Working in a team with different cultures
• Proficient with Agile and waterfall project management tools
• Jira, Confluence, teams and O365