Head of IMS Business Control APAC
The IMS Risk and Control group is part of the 1st Line of Defense framework. The Vice President will be responsible for driving the design, development and implementation of key risk programs, methods and frameworks. The team works closely with IMS Functional Managers at all levels to ensure key operational risks and controls are aligned and regulatory obligations are understood and complied with. The team works closely with ERM, Compliance, BU Risk teams, Internal Audit and others to implement a sound risk management framework and support for a global program.
Assist with developing and implementing a sound risk and compliance management framework and program within IMS :
- Develop an understanding of business strategy, critical success factors, risk profile and potential exposures.
- Assist with identifying optimal operational risk and compliance management tools to conduct independent risk assessment analysis and holistic end-to-end process reviews.
- Lead team that will perform deep dive reviews within the COEs/Shared Services and test key control points, assess risk, and provide relevant finding/ recommendations on improving internal controls.
- Investigate and assess operational losses; analyze root causes and trends. Develop capabilities to track/assess impacts of measures introduced to mitigate.
- Conduct trend analysis, KRIs, losses, near missies, root causes, etc. and participate in the development and delivery of risk training programs to address key needs.
- Lead interactions with other internal control groups on risk related issues.
- Close liaison with ERM, Compliance and Audit to ensure coordination of all risk based forums to maximize effectiveness and impact within Global Ops.
- Work with ERM, Compliance & Training teams to ensure appropriate Risk Training programs in place.
- Serves as liaison with other Risk and Compliance disciplines, internal departments, Regulators and other external parties.
- Serves as a subject matter expert, providing ongoing direction and consultative advice to the functional and regional business leads with respect to risk management policies, guidelines, and best practices and compliance and regulatory obligations
- Ability to think strategically and assist with the design and implementation of a risk framework and governance structure within Global Operations.
- Ability to design and implement operational practices in support of corporate policies
- Project management skills and process thinking strongly desired
- 8+ years of experience, preferably within financial services, accounting, audit, or risk; knowledge of IMS and/or other State Street business units a plus.
- Strong communications skills (both written and oral) ability to interact effectively across all levels of management within IMS and throughout the organization.
- Must be data driven with an analytical and inquisitive mindset
- Ability to assess and determine acceptable levels of risk within a service or process. Ability to make assessments and recommendations on effective risk mitigation.
- Self-motivated individual, who enjoys undertaking challenges, can assimilate information quickly and outline action plans and recommendations in a complex and changing environment