Head of Fund Accounting Transformation
POSITION SUMMARY/OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Citi is going through an unprecedented amount of growth, aligning to its corporate vision of expanding its market share in the Australian market. The Operations transformation role has been created to identify and implement necessary changes to the operating model to ensure that:
- There is an integrated and scalable operating model across Funds Administration (Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting & Tax, Transfer Agency & Middle Office).
- The model allows the Citi operations team to meet client SLA's (timeliness and quality)
- Adequate governance framework that mitigates any risks through controls
- All changes to the operating model are updated with internal audit and GS007 protocol.
The role will work with the head of Funds Administration and provide strategic leadership and subject matter expertise to Citi's operational functions/teams and will advocate for constant process improvement. Continually seeking to achieve efficiency and risk reduction through adoption of technology solutions or the redesign of existing processes. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
Improve team efficiency and encourage innovation by reviewing existing work processes and maximize all available resources.
- Work with the head of Funds Admin to design a clear and coherent vision of the operating model, the implementation road map, and a change management strategy.
- Alignment of Australian specific operational activities to the global operating model (where possible).
- Ensure Citi Groups operating model is in line with industry standards.
- Ensure all changes to the made to the operating model (re-engineering or new) help with scalability and are fully integrated between the functions.
- Identify, define and implement necessary changes to enable the team to perform to its optimum ability. Keeping track of the benefits and outcomes required.
- Ensure that all changes are firmly embedded and understood by both employees and clients. This includes; training, procedures, documentation of the changes and client training.
- Create detailed documentation of the operating model, taking into account Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, Gurgaon and EMEA. Understand timings, dependencies across teams and internal/external deliverables.
- Assess Citigroup systems such as Multifonds, pControl and Paxus and ensure the systems are being used to effectively and all features are utilised.
- Ensure that business as usual is maintained during the transition and the changes are effectively integrated into the business.
- Assess the feasibility of new product offerings and how they fit into the current operating model without impacting scalability and efficiency.
- Develop & design testing scenarios and test plans for changes that can be leveraged at later stages for other change activities.
Build a strong framework and governance structure that focuses on risk mitigation, definition of roles and responsibilities as well the monitoring of KPI's and KRI's.
- Create valid and useful metrics are tracked across all teams in operations to ensure operational efficiency and FTE requirements are assessed on a monthly basis.
- Review the KPI process with regards to client SLA's and the KPI's/KRI's of our offshore partners.
- Identify any risks regarding changes and current processes, developing strategies to overcome or address these.
- Ensure the roles and responsibilities of each Citi team are well defined and understood (both within and outside of Funds Admin - e.g. Product, Implementations teams etc.).
- Gain an understanding of where our processes deviate from our standard product offering (and create centralised matrix of all manual processes).
- Assessment and consistent improvement of the operational checks and controls in place to ensure errors are kept to a minimum as the business grows. For example:
- Ensure the operational procedures are well documented and designed to ensure segregation of duties.
- Designing of checks and controls for new products created and pushed to operations by the product team.
Demonstrate strong leadership attributes and help drive change and transformation through people and processes.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Represent the different functions of Fund Admin in internal project and change meetings (including migrations). With both internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead all operational change initiatives and ensure that the perceived benefits are realised (through metrics and measurement).
- Develop/define escalation processes between regions that impact Australia (Singapore, Malaysia, India, EMEA).
- Communicate strategies and objectives with all functions.
KEY BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS
- Have detailed knowledge of the industry and sub functions.
- Proficient at producing and presenting reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with staff, at all levels, and third parties.
- Proactive and able to use initiative.
- Confident with strong decision making skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships within the company and with third parties.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate innovation and creativity.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to influence key decision makers
- Ability to set and meet objectives.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Time management skills and ability to multitask.
- Good judgement.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Funds Administration Functional teams - focusing on Tax and Financial Reporting team and Transfer Agency team.
- Product team - in particular tax and transfer agency product
- Head of Fund Administration Operational Risk and Control
- Implementation team in Australia
- FA Implementation Team in Malaysia
Job Family Group:
- CA or CPA qualified.
- At least 10 years of Funds Industry experience across the product range.
Operations - Transaction Services Job Family:
Fund Accounting Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting