Head of Command Centre - Technology
An exciting opportunity to be a part of Westpac Group Technology where we are striving to be game-changing technologists, shaping the future of banking.
How will I help?
- Permanent full-time role based in Sydney
- Head a team that is driving service excellence to uplift its maturity and operational efficiency
- Previous Technology Command Centre experience mandatory
The Head of Command Centre is responsible for the day to day operations of the Integrated Command Centre (ICC) to ensure the highest level of technology service is provided to our customers. You will:
What's in it for me?
- Provide ownership for relevant ITSM processes across Group Technology ensuring compliance with standards and practices to drive the uplift in capability to achieve maturity levels, managed and optimised
- Manage Global team that provide oversight of daily operations and respond to dynamic operational needs
- Provide the strategic direction to move to an intelligent operation while successfully overseeing the creation, reviewing, and presentation of analytical findings
- Maintain an understanding of Application and Infrastructure Services delivered to our customers
- Assist in escalations and executive management communications in planned and unplanned service events
- Provide reports indicating levels of process compliance and maturity, ensuring relevant efficiencies are in place to support desired outcomes
- Contribute to the review and evaluation of all major issues, problems, and incidents to seek efficiencies and improvements that will underpin security, stability, and resiliency across the Enterprise
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders and drive Initiatives and Service Improvements as part of the maturity uplift
- Be an advocate of operational readiness and service risk, ensuring projects affecting critical services follow operational readiness procedures as required
As Head of Command Centre, you will be responsible for driving the strategy and proactive management of the Integrated Command Centre as well as managing and maturing the relevant Enterprise ITIL processes, with a team that has oversight of Major Incidents, Incident Management, Enterprise Change Management and Enterprise Problem Management. Your goals are two fold, firstly to establish and mature a world-class Integrated Command Centre, providing technology monitoring and response services 24x7, and secondly to drive our ITIL practice to achieve maturity levels, managed and optimised, in the next 1-3 years. What do I need?
What is it like to work with Westpac?
- Extensive demonstrable experience in leading technology operational teams and functions in large organisations
- Hands on experience in setting up or working in a world-class Technology Command Centre
- Significant experience working in or with financial services organisations at the most senior levels
- Extensive experience and knowledge of complex Technology environments across applications, infrastructure, networks, and multiple vendors/suppliers
- ITIL Service Management Certification
- Strong stakeholder management and building effective and trusted relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and able to articulate technical information to audiences with various levels of technical knowledge, including the business
- Able to work under pressure with conflicting priorities, fluctuating workloads and in an ambiguous environment
- Able to respond appropriately to customer queries, deal with complaints, anticipate needs and exceed expectations
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated and able to work independently
- Able to develop and manage a substantial financial budget
- Strong personal work ethic that inspires excellence and enthusiasm in others
- University degree preferred
As well as good pay and a great culture, joining the Westpac family means you will get some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market. We back our employees by helping them work towards industry-recognised qualifications, using online learnings, training modules and career planning tools for you to grow with us. We will pay you to do volunteer or community work. As an equal opportunity employer, we are proud to have created a culture and work environment that values diversity and flexibility . How do I Apply?
Start here. Just click on the APPLY
The health and wellbeing of our employees is our top priority. We have developed clear standards to ensure our people are confident, safe and healthy whether they're working from a Westpac Group site or working from home. These are based on expert medical advice and Safe Work Australia guidelines.