Head of Australian Institutions - Managing Director
- Not Specified
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Sydney New South Wales AU
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Apr 18 2018-04-18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Client Solutions (CS) is a BlackRock team focused on delivering whole-portfolio asset allocation and portfolio construction services and solutions to meet our clients’ growing demand for outcome-oriented investment solutions in the face of challenging markets, greater complexity and rising regulatory scrutiny.
CS delivers real-world investment expertise, world-class research and risk analysis capabilities to client channels, including DC and Wealth Management Platforms, Pensions, Insurance, Foundations & Endowments, Family Office, Official Institutions and Multi-nationals. We help clients identify their specialized investment goals, provide guidance on how to achieve the outcomes desired, and implement and manage their whole-portfolio solutions. Additionally, CS is organized into three major regions: Americas, EMEA and APAC with teams responsible for qualifying client inquiries and identifying solutions that respect regional requirements.
CS partners with sales teams across the firm and investment professionals in Fixed Income, Active Equity, ETF and Index, Multi-Asset Strategies and Alternatives to offer our clients a holistic, differentiated portfolio construction experience. We are experts in strategic asset allocation design and blending multiple sources of return to maximize long-term performance.
With a One BlackRock mentality, we capitalize on our diverse set of skills and investment experience to leverage BlackRock’s substantial technology platform and think innovatively to deliver performance for our clients. Our important and fascinating work is at the very center of a quickly evolving asset management industry and embodies BlackRock’s strategic commitment to meet our clients’ evolving needs and expectations. We envision a bold and exciting future and invite you to join our team.
Client Solutions is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce regardless of race, national origin, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marriage or civil partnership, or religion or belief. We are passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where all employees are valued and respected. Consistent with our diverse client base, we recognize the benefit that diverse teams bring to the success of our business.
Who we are
The Australia Institutions Client CIO portfolio strategy team designs, implements, and oversees portfolio construction and asset allocation expertise to solve Australian institutional clients’ most complex investment challenges. Rooted in BlackRock’s longstanding culture of objective problem-solving, the strategy team also collaborates with teams around the firm to provide strategic investment consulting including holistic portfolio and
What you will be doing
- Client engagement: Accountable for qualifying client query, design and management of solutions for the segment. Accountable for delivery against client objectives (investment and overall customer experience) for the segment. Significant role in client acquisition; ongoing client responsibility.
- Investment: Delivery against client investment objectives by leveraging global views, principles and tools.
- Provide Solutions to Australian institutional funds e.g.: OCIO, Advisory Services, etc.
- Lead and manage the Australian team: Partner with the Co-Heads of APAC to be accountable for talent management and resourcing within the regional Client Portfolio Solutions team.
- Leadership & Managerial: Responsible for ongoing management, resourcing and talent acquisition & retention for the segment.
- Commercial: Accountable for delivering the regional commercial targets for the segment. Sets pricing for services in conjunction with Regional Head and subject to appropriate governance.
- Drive commercial decision making: Contribute directly to local mandate pricing decisions by analyzing complexity and representing ongoing client servicing considerations in pricing discussions
- Work directly with clients: Lead client calls and communications as subject matter expert on mandate operational details, communicate implementation plans to clients and internal teams through written and verbal communications; be responsible for resolving client requests regarding operational and data aspects
We are looking for people who are:
- Accountable: You feel personal ownership and passion for the work you do and an aspiration to be better
- Finishers: You drive things to completion
- Intellectual: You want to outsmart the problem
- Exacting: “Good enough” is simply not good enough
- Empathetic: You have an uncanny ability to “put yourself in others’ shoes”
- Open: You value and respect input from others
- Curious: You like to learn new things and are happy to challenge the status quo
- Fiduciary: You maintain integrity in every aspect of performance
Experience & Qualifications
- Deep client segment knowledge, acquired by servicing a particular client segment or working in a relevant client segment institution
- Proven track-record in client acquisition and retention
- Must play a key role in building our Australian institutional franchise
- A proven track record is needed in the design, advising and managing solutions for Australian clients is desirable
- Experience of roles that combine investment and commercial dimensions
- Broad investment knowledge
- Proven ability to build effective teams
- Experience in working in multi-asset and/or solutions businesses
- Proven ability to work effectively in a “networked” structure that leverages multiple Centres of Excellence and experts
- Thorough knowledge of the Australian financial regulatory environment
- Understanding of financial markets, institutions and institutional investment strategies
- Excellent communication skills in writing, speech and presentation; capable of connecting with multiple audiences and articulating lines of reasoning
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills; inclination for process design, able to manage various projects simultaneously and remain calm under pressure
- Proven experience managing multiple stakeholders and ability to work in cross-cultural teams
- Effective problem-solving and analytical skills; a familiarity with basic coding (e.g., VBA, SQL) a plus
CFA, FRM, CAIA or equivalent qualifications (or progress toward) encour
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.