What makes Cognizant a unique place to work? The combination of rapid growth and an international and innovative environment! This is creating many opportunities for people like YOU - people with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference in this world.
At Cognizant, together with your colleagues from all around the world, you will collaborate on creating solutions for the world's leading companies and help them become more flexible, more innovative, and successful. Moreover, this is your chance to be part of the success story. Work Location:
Sydney/Melbourne Required Skills:
- Experience in the configuration team within a Guidewire implementation, preferably on client site (minimum of three years preferred). Any Guidewire module, Claim Center, Policy Center or Billing Center.
- Professional consulting experience or equivalent business experience in a Developer
- Expertise in a modern programming language desirable (XML or other)
- Experience with multi-tier web applications
- Ability to work successfully with client team members
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in full-lifecycle software implementation projects, preferably within the insurance industry domain
- Experience developing technical specifications and implementing those specifications through a combination of custom programming and product configuration
- Demonstrated ability to design, program, test, and deploy complicated configuration software
- Ability to work with full-stack software engineers to review technical designs and participate in code reviews
- Flexible, enthusiastic approach to work including a strong desire to learn about new applications and a new business domain
- Employment background at a major consulting firm working with Fortune 500 customers
- Prior experience with configurable software such as Peoplesoft, Siebel, or SAP is an advantage, as is prior coding experience with Java.
- Knowledge of policy, billing, or claim processes within the insurance domain
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile development methodologies
- Key activities for developer/configuration consultants include:
- Partnering with client business teams to understand business objectives and configuration requirements
- developing an overall configuration architecture for the client
- producing technical design documents for configuration programs
- estimating the effort required to build necessary configuration programs
- working with the Guidewire development team to further develop Cognizant configuration adapters and other configuration mechanisms
- coaching and mentoring customer team members working on configuration programs
- planning configuration testing and performance testing of customer solutions
- supporting execution of configuration tests, including monitoring software incidents, and communicating software issues to Guidewire development
If you feel this opportunity suits you, or Cognizant is the type of organization you would like to join, we want to have a conversation with you! Please apply directly with us.
For a complete list of open opportunities with Cognizant, visit http://www.cognizant.com/careers Cognizant is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.