Graduate Software Developer
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Susquehanna Pacific Pty Ltd
- 26 Apr 19
Graduate Software Developer
Being a Software Developer with SIG provides you with the opportunity to sharpen your technical skills, learn about the trading industry, and understand the fundamentals of risk based decision making. With guidance and mentoring from your team, you'll get hands-on experience beginning on your first day. In addition, we customise a learning and development plan to help you get to know the people you'll be working with, what your team is responsible for, and our technical environment. This includes a combination of technical classes, overviews of our technology suite, and rotations through various technology teams, to enhance your technical knowledge and allow you to maximise your potential at SIG.
Our software developers partner with trading, business and other technology teams. Throughout the interview process, we'll discuss your skills and goals so we can match you with the team where you'll be successful from day one.
You will also have the opportunity to go through our on boarding and training program, which will include hands on projects with various teams and informal discussions to learn about both SIG's business and technology, attending SIG's famous poker classes and learning how to play poker with our resident poker champion, and learn more about life at SIG through social events including sporting events and evenings out with your colleagues.
What You Could Work On:
- Developing trading systems for our trading desks
- Developing high performance low level C++ or C# code for handling the first steps of our market data processes
- Conducting technology research projects related to scale and performance with open source tools
- Develop applications and services that receive and store trading activity
- Creating tools to improve system efficiency using performance data
- Relaxed dress code: jeans and sneakers are the norm, shorts all summer long
- Visit our fully stocked kitchen, where you can help yourself to food, beverages, and snacks available all day
- A gym with cardio, cross fit and strength machines
- Social events including a poker tournament, dinners, and sporting events
What we're looking for
- A minimum of a STEM Bachelors' Degree
- WAM of 80+ required
- Strong software development skills in an object oriented language (we use C++ and C# here)
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to identify a problem, evaluate it, and suggest solutions
- Ability to collaborate with a team while having the confidence to work independently
- Flexible and driven with a commitment to innovation
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our advice to software developers joining us is to be curious and collaborative, and be personally accountable for your work and outcomes. Persevere and speak up, and don't be afraid to bring fresh, innovative ideas to the table - you are after all, the future of SIG!
To learn more about software development at SIG, go to www.sig.com/day-of-a-developer.