Governance and Controls Analyst
The Digital, Delivery & Client Experience (DDCX) group is responsible for the delivery and implementation of projects across the Consumer franchise that aligns with our strategic priorities and our drive to be the Best for our Clients. This job function sits within the
Governance, Organisational Capability and Change Management (GOCCM) unit that oversees the implementation of high priority projects and major change initiatives across the Consumer franchise. This includes responsibility for continuous development of frameworks and capabilities to improve both effective prioritization as well as governance of delivery and value tracking. Key Accountabilities:
- Assist in the continuous development of project prioritization and delivery frameworks, including enhancements to reporting, processes and use of tools and assessment criteria.
- Continue to support the Business Agile transformation across the GCB, involving working with the broader teams and business units in adopting Agile practices and tools. Assisting in related Regional initiatives as requested.
- Championing the Agile framework to drive work efficiency, transparency and collaboration and implement Agile project delivery.
- Ensure all Project Managers and Business Analysts are enabled and trained to use best in class tools and frameworks so that they can perform their duties seamlessly. This includes Designing the training material and delivery of related training.
- Engage as an independent project reviewer (facilitate project progressive Retro and Post-Implementation reviews as requested. Work as a problem solver for key initiatives across multiple businesses and step in and out of projects to provide support on frameworks when pro-actively identified or required.
- Documentation & development of frameworks, processes and procedures and training materials.
- Develop processes and tools to support adoption of the changes required across various Product Teams/Lines of Businesses and/or by a project or initiative.
- Work with Program and Project Delivery Leads to ensure a disciplined and structured program delivery approach, aligned with change management and business readiness practices.
- Maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across all of GCB - Local, Region & Global.
- Assist with controls management, governance, and resolution
- Work closely with Consumer Bank Operational Risk & Control (CBORC) to review and highlight any issues/incidents which have impact and need escalation.
- Assist with Problem Incident Management of Business Incidents, Issues and Corrective Action Plans (CAPs)
- Represent in various Risk & Controls forums i.e., Operational Risk Management Committee (ORMC), etc.
- Lead discussions and prepare documentations with Leadership team and key stakeholders to deliver controls-related requirements for Risk & Controls Assessment Reviews i.e., Managers Controls Assessment (MCA) evidence, Quarterly Risk Assessment (QRA), Annual Risk Assessment (ARA), Internal and external Audit activities.
- Perform reviews, as required by policy, of DDCX Process and Procedures (P&Ps) to ensure they remain up to date. Work with relevant stakeholders to have content updates and document re-approval where required.
- Participate in improvement reviews and proactively think of ways to improve controls governance and framework as well as nurturing the team's control-focused mindset and culture.
- Demonstrated understanding of the GCG business domains and current-state customer experience
- A champion for change, including for removal of complexity and driving a 'Digital 1st' mindset
- Influencing business goals and outcomes by devising workable, forward compatible solutions
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and tools
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate agility when faced with conflicting priorities for Team and resource mix
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments
- Strong collaborative culture and approach
- Capability to build strong interpersonal relationships with stakeholders and staff
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Consistently operating at a high standard of quality/accuracy and within required timeframes.
- Adapts to changing circumstances, accepts new ideas and change initiatives
- Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of business goals.
- Strengths working in an organised, efficient, and effective manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Degree (or similar) qualified in a commerce (finance / accounting / business) or related area of study
- Industry accreditation in Change / Project Management.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- 2 years + experience in financial services
- 3 years + experience in project management, controls or project governance
- Strong leadership and influencing capabilities
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Results oriented
Citi has entered into an agreement with NAB to acquire its consumer bank in Australia which includes residential mortgages, deposits, and unsecured lending.
The sale is expected to complete in March 2022. As this is a role to work in Citi's consumer bank, the successful candidate will initially be employed by Citi, but on sale completion, their employment will transfer to a NAB (or) a new entity that will employ Citi's consumer bank employees, prior to their transfer to NAB. Job Family Group:
Project and Program Management Job Family:
Project Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting