Fund Operations & Development Specialist contract
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The Funds Australia
team is located in Sydney and is responsible for the operational & administrative functions for the PIMCO Australia Fund range. These functions include Fund Operations, Fund Development and Fund Administration
PIMCO partners with key vendors in a global outsourced model. In Australia, the Funds team are responsible for oversight of our strategic partner State Street, who have been appointed as Fund Administrator & Custodian for the local Fund range. The Role
This role of Fund Operations & Development Specialist will primarily support the interim Head of Funds Australia in providing coverage for the Fund Operations and Development function. The successful candidate will have experience within a Fund Operations team within an asset management firm and have a strong grasp of Responsible Entity obligations for running an Australian Fund range. The functions that this will cover are outlined below. Fund Operations
Responsible for oversight of key activities performed by our vendors across Global Bank Oversight (NAVs), Shareholder Services (Investor Services) and the overall service quality of the vendors
- Fund Cash Flows - Management of the daily cash inflow / outflow of the fund range, including validation of reporting from unit registry and ensuring the correct reporting flows through systems to the PIMCO investment desks
- Global Bank Oversight is the group within PIMCO that oversees / reviews / approves the Fund NAVs that are calculated by the Fund Administrator. The Funds Specialist will be responsible for the execution of the Fund NAV reviews daily in order to verify what has been calculated and confirm the unit prices for the fund range to market
- Investor Services is the group within PIMCO that oversees investor on-boarding, AML / KYC, transactions, email and call queries. The Fund Operations Specialist acts a PIMCO point of coordination and escalation for these activities performed by vendor.
- Vendor Management Oversight is the group within PIMCO that monitors and reports the overall service quality provided by vendors, working with vendors to ensure all processes are being conducted in a accurate and timely manner. The Fund Operations & Development Specialist will act as an escalation point of contact with vendors for any incidents and collaborate with the Interim Head of Funds to work through the incident management processes. The same group will also work on periodic due diligence reviews with our vendors as outlined in the PIMCO vendor management framework.
The Specialist will manage reviews of GS007 reporting to ensure vendor controls are suitably designed and implemented. Management of compliance plan audit requests and documentary annual amendments will also form part of the role. An understanding of AML/KYC obligations as well as the Corporations Act as it relates to Managed Investment Schemes is central to the role. While tax knowledge is not fundamental it is expected that the candidate will have an understanding of FATCA/CRS reporting requirements for managed funds in Australia. Prior experience working with investor services to ensure outstanding client experience is essential. Funds Development
PIMCO has a robust product design lifecycle that involves numerous teams across the business from Product Strategy, Client Solutions & Analytics, Legal & Compliance and Funds feeding into the design of new Funds. The Fund Operations & Development Specialist will oversee the team's work in respect of the below.
- New Fund Setup / Fund Closure processes around the creation of Funds & Share Classes within internal systems and with vendors.
- Fund Documentation review processes around the regular review of Fund documentation such as Product Disclosure Statements and Additional Information guides to ensure the elements related to Fund team and vendors are accurate
In addition to these business as usual tasks, the Fund Operations & Development Specialist will also be involved in small projects to enhance operating process, implement change internally (and with vendors) and align local requirements and procedures to global process changes. Position Requirements:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications & competencies:
- Bachelor Degree in a Business (Finance, accounting or related disciple preferred)
- 6-8+ years' experience in Financial Services in fund administration, transfer agency, fund accounting or vendor oversight within an asset management firm or outsourced service provider is essential
- Strong working knowledge of Responsible Entity obligations in Australia is essential
- Comprehensive knowledge of the structure and operational processes related to managed funds essential
- Ability to manage small projects of work alongside business as usual
- Strong English skills in both written and oral form essential
- Strong analytic approach and problem solving skills required
- Ability to communicate effectively across different business stakeholders
- Well organized and able to manage / prioritize competing deadlines
- Proficient in all Microsoft office applications with advanced experience in excel