Full Stack Java Developer
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM has an immediate opportunity for an experienced, forward thinking Application Developer, Java Full Stack, with a passion for growth and innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
We are looking for highly skilled developers who are comfortable with both front and back-end development for cloud-based applications.
• Participate in all design sessions and provides technical leadership (including technical decisions, technology recommendations, defining standards, leading POCs, and mentoring developers);
• Work with project sponsors during the project planning phase to understand the requirements in order to define and solution design that meets the business and technical needs of the client;
• Define the strategy and overall vision for solutions. Provide complete solution designs that consider cost, performance, scalability, reusability, and extensibility;
• Document application requirements, technical specifications, use-cases, workflow processes;
• Occasionally conduct research and Proofs of Concept on new technologies and applications;
• Actively be involved in the functional and technical discussion with the client;
• Perform estimations based on industry widely known of project specific methods and tools;
• Create and deliver technical design, solution architecture and perform product integration (including unit testing, integration and system tests);
• Actively be involved in all the project phases: analysis, design, implementation, test/acceptance
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proficiency with developing Java based back-end applications, using twelve-factor methods
- At least one cloud certification in AWS, Azure, GCP or RHOS
- Proficiency with designing and developing RESTful APIs using OpenAPI specifications
- Familiarity with developing using DevSecOps toolchains
- Microservices development using frameworks such as Spring Boot, Node.js, Express.js or Java EE
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle and MongoDB
- Familiarity with event driven architectures and technologies such as Kafka and MQ
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise