Fraud Data Analyst
You will play a key role in:
Identifying key risks in your subject area. Proactively identifying fraud trends. Analysing customer detected fraud and proposing new rules to detect re-occurrences of similar modus operandi. Maintaining the existing fraud detection rule suite to ensure that the alert volumes and false positive ratio are kept to a minimum with nil risks occurring through changes implemented. See yourself in the team
The Fraud Data Analytics team, part of Direct Channels within the Retail Banking Services business unit, drives the Group's innovation in fraud management
Fraud Analytics is responsible for developing and enhancing the Group's fraud detection systems, algorithms, and reporting engines. Our analytics run on Australia's largest real-time transaction monitoring system, handling billions of transactions per day. Key functions of Fraud Analytics include:
- Maintaining the Group's fraud detection algorithms through intelligent automation.
- Studying emerging fraud trends.
- Developing advanced models of fraud behaviour.
- Reporting fraud losses across the Group's products and channels.
Fraud Analysis is responsible for the definition and execution of efficient and robust fraud analytics procedures for the Group Do work that matters
We want to hear from you if you have
- Make continual improvements to detection system rules to ensure maximum detection occurs whilst false positive and point of detection remains low.
- Ensure detection system rules do not adversely affect customer experience.
- Provide insights into trends and anomalies - including root cause analysis.
- Produce high quality documentation and standards for all aspects of analysis.
- Understand the key priorities of our customers and demonstrate value add.
- Ability to prioritise work load effectively and call out any potential delays.
- Ability to analyse and recommend mitigating strategies to emerging fraud trends within a short timeframe.
- Actively detect and manage compromise events, ensuring strategies are implemented which effectively manage associated risk.
- Provide detailed updates to work in progress
- Ability to document business requirements.
- Advanced verbal, written and numeracy skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work with business stakeholders to resolve issues.
- Data analysis and data insights.
- SQL programing experience.
- Fraud experience (nice to have).
- SAS programing (nice to have).
- Tableau (nice to have).
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 02/06/2020