Fixed Income Product Controller
See yourself in our team
Product Control is a key part of IB&M Finance. It is a global team responsible for the independent oversight and financial control of the Global Markets business. Key functions include all aspects of daily P&L production and analysis plus attribution and commentary, month end accounting, General Ledger balance sheet reconciliations and other special tasks of the business across the full product range.
Product Control is a diverse team with staff in Sydney, London, New York, Singapore and Hong Kong, who work collaboratively to support the Global Markets business.
You'll work closely with other members of the Fixed Income & Rates Product Control team, which is made up of experienced Product Accountants with backgrounds across Markets businesses in a range of institutions globally. Do work that matters
As a product controller for the Fixed Income business in Global Markets your responsibilities will include:
We're interested in hearing from people who
- Preparation of daily P&L reports
- Analysis and interpretation of daily results in line with market moves, P&L drivers and risk positions including investigating variance to trader estimate and ensuring revenue attribution is accurate
- Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of product source system data interfacing the general ledger
- Balance sheet substantiation and month end ledger close
- Assistance in statutory and regulatory reporting
- Partnering Front Office on strategic desk initiatives
- Ongoing enhancements to improve efficiency and controls and add value to the business
- Educated to degree level in a technical / mathematical subject
- Strong systems skills
- Understanding of accounting principles and concepts
- Exposure to Financial Services
- Good understanding of fixed income and derivative products, including valuation concepts and methodologies
- Knowledge of Financial Reporting standards
- Highly numerate with an excellent understanding of derivatives including advanced valuation concepts
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service, delivering quality outcomes and high levels of customer satisfaction.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 16/04/2020