First Line Risk Manager
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER The Role
As our Customer Promise Risk Manager, you will work the Executive Manager - Operational Risk - to lead a team of high performing professionals to enable the effective delivery of risk management services across Short Tail Claims and Long Tail Claims in partnership with business owners.
You will lead a team that knows and understands the unique risk challenges and opportunities for the Australia Division business units and proactively working with them to drive industry leading risk management.
In this role is you will be an advocate for driving risk maturity uplift and improvement in operational risk culture. A critical success factor for the role is the ability to engage broadly and communicate effectively within IAG to influence a practical understanding of operational risk. Key Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience
- Strategy - own the cascading of Group Risk Appetite Statements at the business unit level, ensuring development of a program of work to identify exposure levels and ensure consistent identification and management of risk across Short Tail Claims and Long Tail Claims
- Customer - Provide assurance to the interactions we have with our customers to ensure they are receiving service aligned to the correct processes and policy information through associated risk activity
- Lead development and execution of key risk activity (such as risk profiling, risk-based reviews, risk assessments, compliance obligation management, control management and testing, etc) across Short Tail Claims and Long Tail Claims that drives consistency of identification and management
- Collaborate with Business Risk Champions to drive awareness of the risk program of work and key business unit dependencies to complete activity against the Australia divisional frameworks;
- Uplift Risk Maturity via a business partnering model with the Business Unit Risk reps to facilitate the taking of risk within appetite by risk owners
- Minimum 7 years experience leading in a corporate culture, risk management, compliance management within a large corporation
- Intimate understanding of risk management frameworks and their practical implementation in the first line
- Proven experience leading a risk team
- Knowledge of the Australian general insurance industry is preferred
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, communication skills (written & oral)
- Very strong ability to develop relationships, work effectively with others, and consider needs & potential contributions of others
- Ability to lead teams of people through significant change over periods of time
- Create environments where accountable and respectful teams thrive and deliver outstanding results
- Strategic mindset to see ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough activity, with a focus on decision making and social psychology
- Tertiary level qualifications and relevant qualifications
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI. Let's Talk
Start your career journey with us and click 'Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We are open to applicants from Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane. Applications close Friday 15th November 2019. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.