Financial Modelling - Leadership role
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 24 Apr 18
See job description for details
- Senior financial modelling opportunity
- Join our growing Advisory practice
- Sydney Barangaroo Location
As one of the largest specialist financial modelling teams in the Asia Pacific, the KPMG Financial Modelling team develops and reviews financial and business models in a wide variety of contexts ranging from the high profile corporate and infrastructure projects and transactions, through to supporting businesses and governments in complex strategic decision making processes involving valuations, business performance, cost efficiencies or process improvement.
Your new role
As a senior member of the financial modelling team at KPMG, you will lead and mentor a fast growing team that develops and reviews financial and business models of all types, and solves problem for our clients. Your responsibilities will include:
• Leading engagements to develop and tailor models to meet clients' needs and add value to our clients' businesses.
• Business development, and managing existing key client accounts and relationships.
• Collaborating closely with KPMG specialists from other business groups and industry sectors, to solve complex whole-of-business challenges.
• Being a point of technical financial modelling excellence for the team, and the broader firm.
You bring to the role
• Experience and commercial knowledge in various sectors, for example, in banking, property development, infrastructure, government and/or utilities.
• Strong analytical skills and excellent problem solving ability.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with different stakeholders.
• Technical excellence in Excel based financial modelling, with working knowledge of other tools (Power BI etc)
• A demonstrated ability to prioritise multiple tasks appropriately through effective time management.
• The ability to lead proactively, effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
• A degree in commerce (finance, accounting or economics), engineering, or other quantitative discipline.
• Working rights in Australia.
• Prior experience in leading or managing a team of financial modellers is preferred.
What we offer you
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: 12 Apr 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 11 May 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time