- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Sydney New South Wales AU
- Contract, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Australia
- 25 Sep 18 2018-09-25
Financial Accountant - 6 Months to Perm Contract
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reconcile, produce and analyse key investment data on the balance sheet and income statement for both local Australian GAAP and US GAAP for all reporting. Coordinate year-end audit that relate to Investments.
Manage the completion of proofs and reconciliations each month to a high standard in time for the US reconciliations submission.
Process improvement on existing accounting processes.
- Ensuring monthly Australian and US GAAP investment reconciliations are completed on time and free from material misstatement
- Maintaining investment unit register
- Liaising with fund manager and custodian on reconciliation of investments.
- Month end process including reserve entries and accruals. Uploading journals when required.
- Coordinate and complete the balance sheet certifications to a high standard.
- Liaising with organisations regional (HK) and head-office (US) on balance sheet monitoring.
- Quarterly reporting and analysis of balance sheet.
- Treasury and bank account oversight.
- Coordinate year-end audit that relate to investments.
- Continuous improvement and other projects when required.
- Other ad-hoc tasks.
- Experience in insurance industry highly preferable, or in a financial services environment.
- Qualified CA/CPA
- Reconciliation and spreadsheet skills (Excel)
- Track record in consistently meeting deadlines
- Ability to liaise effectively with other departments and external parties
- Attention to detail
- Deadline driven
- Can-do attitude
- Team player
- Demonstrates initiative
- Takes accountability for completion of tasks
- Effective communication
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.