Since opening in 1995, we've been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further. At Amazon we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
The Australian consumer business is just three years old and year-on-year we're growing more and more rapidly. We are not an average retailer and this is definitely not your average finance position. We are currently looking for a highly analytical, creative and forward-thinking Finance Manager to join our ever-growing Operations Finance team in Australia. We need you to function as the Finance and analytics go-to source for the business, as you help our busy Operation continue working as smart as possible. You will help drive the delivery of sustainable economics with a view to the long term, never optimising for optics.
You'll be joining an Australian business that is seeing exciting growth and all of the opportunities that growth offers. Operations is at the very heart of the business and is fundamental in ensuring that we maintain bar raising experiences for our growing customer base. Innovation is key and this business partnering role has a real opportunity to innovate and drive meaningful change. This is a highly visible and varied role, with common interactions with Senior Amazon Leadership. The successful candidate will be able to influence decision making and direct the business into the future.
You are the type of professional who knows how to spend time wisely, you sweat the financial details that matter, and you instinctively know which details don't add value for the business and/or for customers. You do this, whilst having fun!!
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Business, Engineering, or any similar discipline with a clear analytical bias.
• You've gained significant, relevant experience in similar business analyst positions.
• Demonstrable financial acumen, including deep familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis, as well as in root cause data interpretation.
• Advanced Excel essential, with VBA skills preferred.
• Prior knowledge of SQL/ETL would be beneficial, a willingness to learn essential.
• You're comfortable performing ad hoc financial analysis using data reporting tools.
• Advanced communication skills (written and verbal).
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • MBA preferred.
• Strong business sense.
• You combine your professional competency with an ability to develop new ideas, and creative solutions: you also have a track record of implementing these to great effect.
• Organised multi-tasker: you prioritise your workload, enabling you to meet tight deadlines, while achieving results, especially in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
• Previous analyst experience in the financial side of ecommerce, manufacturing, logistics distribution centre processes is a nice to have.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.