- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Sydney New South Wales AU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Australia
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
A true market leader, our client is a global business that is going through a period of growth and seeking a Finance Director to join their team.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful and well-known IT business based in the CBD. My client is looking for a hands on and versatile Finance Director to become a key member of the senior leadership team to drive their business globally and scale a small Finance team.
Reporting into the CEO you will apply commercial insight and analytical skills to drive business performance and operational decision-making. Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic direction, leading, managing and directing all operational activities of the organisation.
- Accountable for the overall profitability of the operational activities of the organisation.
- Ensuring all corporate & business strategies and plans are aligned, reviewed and successfully implemented
- Ensure that all internal controls and financial policies set by the group are applied and adhered to.
- Ensure that internal & external reporting requirements are met, i.e. monthly scorecards, Statutory reporting
- Providing analytical support to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities
- Oversee the preparation of monthly financial reports to ensure appropriate information is provided to the board
CA or CPA qualified, you can demonstrate relevant experience in a Finance Director role, ideally gained within an IT/product/software organisation. Specific competencies sought:
- Leading team performance and developing others - motivating and coaching people to deliver superior results
- Experience in advising on funding sources and venture debt
- Ability to lead contract negotiations
- Ability to identify ways to create value across the business, and supporting decision-making using insight, analysis and problem solving skills
- Track record of leading change, innovation and continuous improvement
- Good time management and organisational skills to ensure deadlines are met particularly when faced with competing priorities
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.