Finance Analyst | Product Control
About the role
- Build your career at NAB
- Broaden your Product Control experience
- Progressive and agile culture
The role of Finance Analyst in Product Control will be to provide product control support and analysis for the FICC and Capital Financing businesses; specifically supporting the Capital Financing and Cross Asset Trading desks. This world class FICC Product Control team is a high performing and developing area of NAB that has cross functional exposure engaging with a range of internal stakeholders. Accountabilities
In this challenging and pivotal role, your key responsibilities include:
Skills & experience
- Compilation of daily PL reporting for specified desks within the C&IB division, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the bank general ledger.
- Attribution and analysis of daily P&L reporting.
- Knowledge of desk trading products including fixed income securities and associated derivative products
- Knowledge and understanding of the specified desk trading strategies.
- Provide commentary and explanation of variances to trader estimates
- Analysis and control of accounting processes and practices for proposed new product initiatives, product variations or new business structures.
- Completion of the month, quarter, half year and year end statutory and regulatory reporting processes for specified desks within C&IB.
To succeed in this role, you must be able to work in a fast-paced, at times ambiguous and complex environment and have:
- Highly developed numeracy and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Finance and Accounting ideally from either a Big 4 or mid-tier professional or accounting services firm.
- Prior experience in a Product Control function preferable, ideally at a major bank
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry and products
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a business, finance and accounting coupled with professional qualification such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We have an African Australian Inclusion Program, a range of Grad, Traineeship and Internship Programs, we are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, and be an endorsed employer for Women by Work180. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. Benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted. Advertised:
17 Oct 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time