FIS Support Engineer
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- EY Australia
- 19 Apr 19
FIS Support Engineer
Technology has always been at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We have 250,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every single day. Everything from the laptops we use, to the ability to work remotely on our mobile devices and connecting our people and our clients, to enabling hundreds of internal tools and external solutions delivered to our clients. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization.
EY Technology supports our technology needs through three business units:
Client Technology (CT) - focuses on developing new technology services for our clients. It enables EY to identify new technology-based opportunities faster, and pursue those opportunities more rapidly.
Enterprise Workplace Technology (EWT) - EWT supports our Core Business Services functions and will deliver fit-for-purpose technology infrastructure at the cheapest possible cost for quality services. EWT will also support our internal technology needs by focusing on a better user experience.
Information Security (Info Sec) - Info Sec prevents, detects, responds and mitigates cyber-risk, protecting EY and client data, and our information management systems.
The service line hosting service operational specialist will provide oversight and support of FIDS day-to-day operational activities. The responsibilities will include addressing all incident, change requests and service request activities specific to supporting the infrastructure, databases and applications supporting the FIDS business. Activities will include credential creation and management, provisioning of storage and associated maintenance, analysis and maintenance of SQL activities, capacity analysis, and application of monthly OS and application patches. The individuals on this team will have daily interactions with the Project team for handover and introduction of new applications and corresponding infrastructure as well as any escalations. Other activities will also include non-FIDS sponsored operational projects (OS updates, hardware refreshes, implementation of new monitoring tools etc.) The job requires knowledge of E-Discovery suite of products, application and database installations and support and some knowledge and previous experience on Infrastructure (Backup, Servers, Storage, Windows, Linux and Vmware)
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Leverage AMP tools for real-time monitoring and proactive analysis
- Leverage Log Mining and Enterprise Monitoring Tools
- SCOM/HP OpenView
- Log Parser/Log Parser Studio
- Run and operate the installed SLHS environments
- Monitor the ticket queue and handle tickets within ServiceNow
- Interface with client serving team on all reported incidents and service requests
- Work with Project team on documentation and process for implementation and transition of new applications or processes
- Participate in any and all handover activities for incidents that may be passed to other SLHS teams for follow the sun activities
- Install application and patching activities during planned maintenance windows
- Manage capacity (backup, storage, VMware/Hyper-V, physical rack space, database, etc.)
- Hands-on experience supporting/leverage cloud vendors: Azure/AWS/Rackspace
- Provision backup, storage and servers (based on location) where capacity dictates
- Handle all decommission activities and participate in the implementation of new hardware due to refresh requirements.
- Work with vendors for solutions related with GVM findings. Apply patches and file appropriate exceptions where applicable.
- Work with Service Desk and Service Management on any bottle necks or areas identified to improve response or service.
- Serve in the role of primary contact with the vendor as day to day operations support and within incident resolution actions
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Capacity reviews and recommendations to purchase when threshold are exceeded.
- Solutions - Analyze solutions for problems and discuss with management and team leads
- Interactions with various levels if IT and client serving teams.
- Participate in and contribute to all operational documentation updates
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- FTDS E-Discovery and analytics application knowledge
- In-Depth knowledge of Windows/Linux OS
- Hands-on experience in RDBMS and NoSQL Platform Administration
- MS SQL Server
- Experience of Application support and familiarity of Service Now or any other Ticketing system
- Knowledge in system administration including OS/firmware patching maintenance
- Understanding of standard application architecture and development
- Some prior knowledge of supporting Windows Server operating systems including Windows Server 2008 and 2012 R2.
- Knowledge of various infrastructure applications including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, SEP and SCCM
- Experience in establishing and supporting automated application monitoring protocols useful but not required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Sound judgment and analytical ability
- Strong documentation skills - MS Word, Excel, Projects and Visio
- The ability to work effectively with clients, management and staff members
- Experience in maintaining mission critical production environments
- Working knowledge in ITIL Incident, Change and Problem Management
- The job will require to work on extended hours
- The job will require 24x7 on-call service
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service while allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.