Executive Manager Risk and Control, Advisory and Delivery
Executive Manager Risk and Control Advisory and Delivery - Permanent Full Time See yourself in our team:
Commonwealth Bank's CommSec Division provides retail and wholesale clients access to online broking and investment products, as well as third party investment propositions and geared solutions through its two businesses: CommSec, Australia's leading online broker and CommSec Adviser Services, Australia's leading wholesale online trading and adviser services provider.
The team provides a comprehensive and integrated risk support service, partnering with key stakeholders across the business, such as Line 2 (Group Risk) and Line 3 (Audit), to continually drive sustainable enhancements to the risk and control environment to deliver better risk outcomes for our customers and communities.
You will be part of the broader Digital and Customer Experience team and be a key member of this and the broader CommSec Leadership team. The Digital and Customer Experience team includes:
Do work that matters:
- Customer Engagement team - CommSec call centre
- Digital Platform and Design team
- Data, analytics and Decision Science Team
- Program Management Office
- Process Improvement Team
- L1 Risk and Practice Management Team
This position is responsible for the leadership and management of the Digital & Customer Experience L1 Risk & Practice Management Team which is accountable for the strengthening and quality management of the call centre, digital and transformation control environment and risk in change as well as all of CommSec's Retail Customer Engagement assurance functions.
Specifically you will be accountable for strengthening and management of the following within BB risk appetite:
- Call centre assurance and quality assessment;
- Controls management, assessment and strengthening for the contact centre, digital, process and transformation;
- Risk in change;
- Line 1 advisory to the team;
- Distribution obligations are met and tested;
- Fraud investigations and prevention;
- DCX supplier management.
As part of your role you will lead a team that will ensure:
A key responsibility for this role includes:
- Building and leveraging close working relationships across BB and the Group;
- Role modelling the Group's Leadership Behaviours and positively influencing the culture of CommSec.
You will be expected to perform the following tasks in a manner consistent with CBA's Values and People Capabilities:
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- Lead a high performing team providing comprehensive and integrated risk services, providing expert risk management advice, coordination and implementation of product risk management activities including:
- Lead & be an advocate for achieving improved customer outcomes through stronger risk management;
- Develop strong and cohesive relationships with cross BU risk colleagues, Line 2 & 3 Risk and Compliance;
- Proactively contribute to the CommSec strategy such that we reduce the inherent risk profile for CommSec and the Retail Profile;
- Call Centre assurance program and Practice Management;
- Inspire, motivate and engage team members to achieve business objectives;
- Attract, develop and retain team members, and provide them with quality opportunities for education, exposure and experience. Use coaching skills to develop the team. Build diversity and inclusion;
- Drive a broader risk innovation agenda;
- Ability to influence and manage senior stakeholder relationships;
- Act as a risk thought leader in emerging realms to support the growth of the CommSec business
If you are an experienced professional with a desire to take on complex work/projects then we would love to hear from you!
- Experienced leader in the financial services or professional services industry in a Line 1 operational risk and compliance or audit capacity.
- A deep understanding of products in stockbroking (Securities and Investment regulatory environment including Market Integrity rules) and /or product management experience and understanding the impact of this on the required control environment.
- An ability to understand the impact of digital developments and change on the risk and control profile will set you apart from the competition.
- Advanced knowledge of the 3 Lines of Defence risk management model.
- Strong leader of transformation change, with a proven track record of driving risk reduction, risk culture and/or improved end to end control environments.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 06/07/2020