Executive Manager Retail Compliance and Regulatory Engagement
See yourself in our team
Retail Banking Services (RBS) is the public face of CommBank, delivering a seamless banking experience for the future, to our 10 million + personal and small business customers.
Retail Banking Services (RBS) Compliance sits within the broader Group Compliance function of CommBank, with a dotted reporting line through to the RBS Chief Risk Officer. Do work that matters
Reporting to the Head of Retail Compliance and Regulatory Engagement, you will be responsible for leading a team of approximately 4 Compliance Managers and Senior Managers to manage Incidents, regulatory breaches and regulatory engagements, particularly with ASIC, BCCC and AFCA, to ensure a consistent approach is taken on retail matters with regulators.
You will have the opportunity to be involved with:
We're interested in hearing from people who possess:
- Oversight of end to end compliance incident management processes and assessment of incidents for reportability to regulators.
- Managing reporting to regulators, responses to Notices, requests from regulators, regulatory reviews and other correspondence including interpreting the request, providing compliance advice on what the request requires and delivering the response within the required timeline.
- Providing advice on compliance with new and existing regulatory obligations including Corporations Act, ASIC Act, Responsible Lending, Privacy laws, ePayments, Banking Code of Practice and other legislative obligations relevant to RBS;
- Drafting compliance input for the Risk and Compliance Committees.
- Delivering improvements to ensure the incident management and regulatory engagement processes operate effectively, to comply with internal standards and regulatory obligations and to provide insights and analytics reporting on Incidents to the business.
At CommBank, we're committed to innovation. Which is why we're excited to be opening a new office at South Eveleigh. Around 10,000 of our employees will be based there, and this position will be relocating as part of the initial move, in the second part of the move in mid-2020. CommBank's South Eveleigh campus will be 93,000sqm split over two buildings boasting state of the art technology. It's an exciting move for us, and we're glad you might be part of it.
- Tertiary qualification in law preferred or other business/finance/risk related disciplines.
- Excellent knowledge of financial services law and practice, including ASIC Act, Corporations Act, Banking Code of Practice, privacy, credit law and responsible lending regulations, e-payments Code, competition law, fair trading, and other relevant financial services laws and codes of practice.
- Excellent commercial understanding of retail banking products, processes, customers and distribution.
- Outstanding relationship skills, including the ability to engage a variety of internal stakeholders to achieve business and risk management objectives. Excellent influencing, negotiation and stakeholder management skills and ability to inspire others to action.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 11/06/2020