Executive Manager Payments Technology Risk
See yourself in our team
The Risk Management team ensures the Group has the right frameworks and strategies in place to assess, manage and report on risk.
The Enterprise Services (ES) Technology & Cyber Line 2 Risk Team assures to the Group CRO that accountable executives have taken reasonable steps to articulate and address technology & cyber risks to the Group.
We provide independent assurance and approval on all components of the risk and compliance management framework. Do work that matters
Reporting into the Head of Business Unit Technology Risk, you will be tasked with developing strong and cohesive working relationship with key stakeholder whilst the support you provide will result in improvements to risk management and controls managed by the technology division within CBA.
Specifically, you will:
We're interested in hearing from people who
- Assist and support the Head of Business Unit Technology Risk to execute the team's strategy.
- Provide oversight over CBA's payments technology and assure to the ES & Group CRO that accountable executives have taken reasonable steps to articulate and address payments technology risks to the Group.
- Lead, plan, execute and manage assurance deep dive reviews over payments technology risk and control areas, including major changes.
- Lead investigation and assessment of emerging payments technology risk and control issues.
- Ensure robust technology risk governance through regular attendance and participation in supplier or internal risk committees and governance forums.
At CommBank, we're committed to innovation. Which is why we're excited to be opening a new office at South Eveleigh. Around 10,000 of our employees will be based there, and this position will be relocating as part of the initial move, in the second part of the move in mid-2020. CommBank's South Eveleigh campus will be 93,000sqm split over two buildings boasting state of the art technology. It's an exciting move for us, and we're glad you might be part of it.
- Have a strong understanding of payment processes, and the underlying technology to support it, within financial services
- Previous and demonstrated payments technology experience, with a good understanding of risk is highly desirable.
- Have sound knowledge of industry standards and frameworks (e.g. Payment Card Schemes, Payments Systems Act, ITIL, COBIT).
- Inspire others to lead by example and demonstrate the Group's values and work together to create a high performing culture.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 02/06/2020