Executive Manager Cyber Secure Networks, Servers and Cloud
Your new team
- A critical function within the Commonwealth Bank Cyber Security
- Contribute & define the strategy to ensure that our networks, servers, and cloud environments are safe, sound and secure
- Fantastic opportunity to work with some of the best security minds in the industry
Cyber Security is part of the Enterprise Services (ES) business unit at Commonwealth Bank.
The Group Cyber Protection & Assessment team proactively designs, metricizes, governs and reports on Group cyber security controls to ensure that we are appropriately protecting our networks, server infrastructure, and cloud environments from cyber-attacks.
Your new role
- This role and the team would provide visibility into the relative and absolute cyber security posture of our networks, servers, and cloud systems, Group-wide.
- Help the CTO CIO for Technology and ITD&A Infrastructure Transformation teams achieve their goals, while maintaining good cyber security posture
- You will lead, grow and manage a team of cyber security experts who are engaged, passionate & diligent, while taking the broad and long view on implementing sustainable safe sound & secure outcomes for the Group in regards to network security, cloud, and infrastructure transformation.
- You will be the formal control owner, with responsibilities defining the purpose, outcome, measurement, and plans for the following controls, and ensure that we are always continually improving these controls to make the Group cyber safe:
- Security Configuration Management (for servers, cloud solutions, and network devices)
- Firewall Policy Validation
- Network segmentation
- Network Threat Detection and Protection (including IDS and IPS)
- Application & Network Layer DDoS protection
- International network segmentation.
What you will need to succeed
- You will ensure we have plans in place to work towards a zero trust architecture for our networks, and plans in place to continuously but pragmatically improve the security of our legacy server environments, while ensuring our modern (e.g. PaaS) environments include best-in-bred cyber controls on day one.
- You will contribute towards formal ELT and Board reporting, including being responsible for metric formulation, measurement, and thoughtful but concise dialogue on continuously evolving our network and infrastructure cyber protection to meet the threat landscape.
- You will work across the seams with parallel and overlapping functions to ensure that our data is protected in the scope of our networks, infrastructure and cloud environments. You will adhere to the Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct sets the standards of behavior, actions and decisions we expect from our people.
You can demonstrate that you have experience:
- Leading a team of cyber security specialists and managers
- Running scale businesses and liaising with senior stakeholders
- Expert knowledge of network and cloud security practices
- Strong people management skills
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 24/09/2020