Executive Manager, 1st Line Risk - Commercial Banking Operations
Do work that matters
Enterprise Services (ES) delivers the Group's information technology and banking operations functions to ensure the highest levels of customer service through world-class process excellence and technology innovation.
The ES Chief Controls Office is a first line of accountability function who are a group of trusted and skilled risk management experts empowering our business. The purpose of the Chief Controls Office is to enable our business to be safe, sound and secure underpinned by strong risk management. The teams advise and support the ES businesses and business partners on risk, controls and change initiatives to deliver business outcomes within risk appetite. See yourself in our team
This role will lead the team accountable for strengthening and embedding the risk and control environment across Commercial Banking Operations.
The Commercial Banking Operations business is responsible for the fulfilment, settlement and servicing of Commercial Lending products (Including Merchant Facilities and Asset Finance) for CBA. They support our Business & Private Banking colleagues and all other segments in delivering exceptional service to a wide range of customers including small businesses, franchises and large-scale corporate customers. In any given week you will:
Your path looks like
- Drive a strong, proactive risk and controls culture across our business stakeholders.
- Provide a strategic view to senior management of current and emerging risks across Commercial Banking Operations, and the effectiveness of operational risk and compliance management. This includes communicating the 'bigger picture' as to how these risks are being managed.
- Lead and uplift team capability in developing a passionate and high performing team culture.
- Drive the Risk agenda (including Risk Maturity, Capability and Culture) across Commercial Banking Operations.
- Lead the oversight, monitoring and/or management of key operational risks and controls.
If you live and breathe the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities both within the ES Chief Controls Office and beyond the wider CBA group. We'll help you find the next step that's right for you and enable you to be your best. We're interested in hearing from people who have
At CommBank, we're committed to innovation. Which is why we're excited to be opening a new office at South Eveleigh. Around 10,000 of our employees will be based there, and this position will be relocating as part of the initial move, in the second part of the move in mid-2020. CommBank's South Eveleigh campus will be 93,000sqm split over two buildings boasting state of the art technology. It's an exciting move for us, and we're glad you might be part of it.
- Previous & demonstrated Operational Risk management and leadership experience.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (e.g. BCom) and professional certifications.
- Banking Operations experience (preferred)
- Influencing and negotiation skills, with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Recognised industry certifications/accreditations in project management theory and methods
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 04/06/2020