Executive Director/ Vice President - Research Analyst, Consumer
About The Company
Morgan Stanley has earned an enviable reputation for the originality of its research and the value it creates for investors and decision makers. Consistently ranked among the top in its field, our Equity Research team looks at economic, market, industry and company data to enhance the performance of clients' global portfolios and to help companies set their strategic direction. About The Role
An opportunity exists for a Research Analyst to lead our coverage of the Australian Consumer industry. Key Responsibilities Include:
• Cover a diverse list of companies in the Australian Consumer industry
• Monitor company and industry news flow, respond to key developments and announcements in a timely manner, analyse financial results, identify emerging and evolving trends, provide insight, develop investment ideas and prepare and write research reports
• Collaborate with domestic, regional and global colleagues on research projects covering company or industry themes
• Lead juniors in the creation and maintenance of financial and other industry models and the preparation of research reports
• Respond to requests for data, information and investment ideas from internal and external clients
• Design, prepare and present analyst marketing materials for 1-on-1 meetings, small and large group presentations, videos, webcasts and podcasts
• Develop relationships and interact with institutional clients, investor relations professionals, company management and other industry participants, as well as colleagues in research, equity sales and trading and wealth management
• Provide industry expert and corporate access opportunities to institutional clients Qualifications: Skills Required:
• Recent and relevant experience as an analyst, investment professional, consultant, expert or professional in the Consumer industry or an adjacent industry in Australia or overseas
• Ability to identify and predict industry developments, generate investment ideas and build an investment case for companies
• Ability to establish trusted relationships with internal and external clients and Consumer industry participants
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills, with professional proficiency in English
• Ability to take accountability for results, work well under pressure, be flexible and meet deadlines
• Skills to manage a small team, support the development of junior talent and contribute to a diverse and inclusive work place and culture
• Willingness to collaborate with colleagues and support the Equity Research department's and firm's goals
• A relevant university degree or qualification with excellent academic results and advanced financial modelling skills Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley's goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce.