Executive Director/ Vice President - Direct Equity Specialist
About The Company
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management provides holistic wealth management services to clients investing in both domestic and international financial markets, alternative investments, and a broad range of products, approved for distribution. Our services and products include providing financial advice, financial planning, investment margin lending, structured products, managed funds, alternative investments, and crypto-approved products. About The Role
Morgan Stanley Wealth Managements Research department is currently seeking a Direct Equity Specialist based in Sydney. Key Accountabilities Include: Direct Equities:
• Construct direct equity model portfolios composed of domestic and overseas shares, leveraging Morgan Stanley's global research
• Prepare a periodic strategy piece as a companion to your model portfolios.
• Provide weekly tactical Australian stock idea
• Generate stock ideas to implement the Research Team's key asset allocation calls (monthly) Asset Allocation:
• As a voting member of the Portfolio Implementation Committee (PIC), perform the following duties:
i. Support the Head of Research with asset allocation decisions, and management of the multi-asset models
ii. Participate in the Asia Pacific Wealth Management Advisory Group meeting in exchanging views with senior research staff in the region.
iii. Oversee and approve the publication of:
Qualifications: Additional Candidate Responsibilities Will Include:
- The Department's TAA views with corresponding portfolio changes.
- Managed fund and ETF recommendations and fund factsheets.
- Periodical model performance and positioning updates.
- The firm's approved product list in collaboration with the Risk Department.
• Present stock trade ideas and market updates internally or externally
• Support financial advisors and represent the firm during client pitches and other ad hoc meetings.
• Assist the Managed Fund and ETF analysts implement strategic and tactical views
• Contribute to the development of Morgan Stanley's Investing With Impact platform in Australia that seeks to create positive economic, social and environmental outcomes for our clients. Skills
• 10+ years' experience as a portfolio manager managing direct equity portfolios is essential
• Strong Analytical / Financial Skills required
• Chartered Financial Analyst designation, or Masters in Finance will be viewed favourably
• An understanding of global macro and asset allocation
• Strong spreadsheet skills, and conversant with software such as Microsoft Office, Bloomberg, and Datastream
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
• Quick learner with structured mind-set and accountability
• Proactive and hard-working with the ability to work to deadlines
• Strong focus on coordination and teamwork
• Experience or keen interest in Responsible Investing Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley's goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce.