Event & Outreach Associate
- Delivery of a program of large multi-media and live events with oversight from more senior members of the team.
- Following a workflow to deliver planned and ad-hoc multimedia events, successfully dealing with issues as they arise through: vendor liaison; speaker liaison; event promotion; live event management; and post-event analytics.
- Effective project management and collaboration with stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of individual live and sponsored events: develop timeline and assign and agree responsibilities; manage stakeholders to ensure all aspects, including content, marketing and follow-up, are on track; highlight issues which may reduce impact.
- Engaging with customers through the cycle of events through written, verbal and in-person communications.
- Ensuring the customer experience is positive and enhances Moody's brand and value proposition through all interactions.
- Supporting the team across event management and planning tasks in vendor sourcing; negotiation of costs; catering; AV; collateral; print and special materials; on-site event management as required.
- Supporting the team in the delivery of event and outreach marketing plan(s) to include: creating invitations, website and other collateral; newsletters; data sourcing; aggregation and management; banner ads; placement on/in alternate websites and publications; coordinating calling campaigns.
- Ensuring all data related to event and outreach activities is recorded and stored accurately in appropriate sources. With oversight delivering regular and ad-hoc reporting (data, analytics, insights) to the business and management.
- At least 2-3 years within event marketing is required, B2B event marketing experience is preferred.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once, thinking critically and possess analytical skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree is required, business or marketing and events preferred.
- Experience of successful interactions with diverse stakeholders is required.
- Experience with financial services and/or technical solutions is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project).
- Some knowledge of CRM, event management and marketing automation systems.
- Some heavy lifting may be required
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.