Entry level Network Technician Trainee
DESCRIPTION Amazon Web Services (AWS) is growing rapidly, and we are looking for an Entry level Network Technician Trainee to join our expanding Infrastructure Operations team as part of our Work-Based Learning Program (WBLP). As a trainee you will participate in our 6 month training Program in our Sydney Data Centers.
Amazon Web Services Work-Based Learning Program:
This an entry level program, looking for someone interested in starting a career in a technical field. You will work full-time, conducting on-the-job training for 6 months with the opportunity of moving into a permanent full-time role upon successful completion of the program. During this period, you have the opportunity to gain an understanding of data centers through hands-on experience, working with the teams that support this infrastructure and the customers that rely on it.
Our team of Network Technicians are dedicated to supporting new team members with an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded Network Technician and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
You'll support several Data Center locations and assist with capacity management, while working with internal customers and external vendors to facilitate smooth project execution.
During this training program you will learn:
• Basic Networking technologies, including Routers, Switches, Load Balancers and at the enterprise level.
• Structured cabling and cabling standards.
• Troubleshoot, routing and inter connectivity issues, including of device configuration and low level application interaction
• Troubleshooting cabling infrastructure connectivity issues, including patch panels and patch cords.
• Complete customer requests via ticketing system
• Basic configuration and rollout of new or upgraded hardware
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS KNOW...
• How to prioritize tasks based on fluctuating needs
• Deal with customers during problem resolution and provide updates
• Effective prioritization and time management
• All candidates must possess a valid driver's license and their own vehicle.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS THIS WOULD HELP...
• Basic network systems understanding
• Familiarity with major Command Line Protocols (Cisco IOS, JunOS, etc)
• Understanding of Ethernet and IP networking
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/jp/