Enterprise Data Architect
As a member of our central Data Architecture team, you will drive strategic direction across the Macquarie data landscape. You will work closely with and be a trusted adviser to our Chief Data Officer, our business and technology leaders and a strong network of data architects and engineers.
You will have the opportunity to be instrumental in building and evolving our data architecture framework and capabilities. You will enjoy taking on a wide range of responsibilities, covering everything from data governance and risk management, developing standards and principles, developing reference data architecture to assisting building data architecture capabilities in different business groups. Success will be measured by your contribution to business value and data architecture management.
All of your expertise and prior learnings will help you shape and realise our vision of a digital, data-driven insight-led business, providing a brilliant customer experience for our direct and partner businesses. We anticipate that to excel in this role you will be:
Your key accountabilities will include:
- passionate about what Enterprise Data Architecture should be; not constrained by what it has been
- successful in driving architectural change that transforms and optimises complex businesses
- broadly experienced with the processes, applications and technologies common to financial services
- proficient in balancing disruptive innovation with the security, stability and governance required for a leading financial services business
- adept in engaging, collaborating and influencing people across different business units and at all levels of financial service organisations.
You will bring the following experience and expertise:
- provide data architecture expertise to the Chief Data Officer (CDO), Data Governance Council, Head of COG Analytics and to support the groups' data architecture functions
- develop and implement the enterprise data architecture strategy
- develop the enterprise data models
- develop data architecture principles, standards and guidelines and support their embedding within business groups
- promote collaboration between groups to drive data related best practices and capabilities, tool reuse, and strategic decision making
- advise, review and challenge groups in their implementation of the enterprise data architecture
- advise in the application of enterprise data architecture principles and standards within business and support groups
- contribute to the development of Macquarie's enterprise data strategy
- contribute to the development and maintenance of EDM policy, standards and guidelines
- provide advice to the CDO and committees on significant data change initiatives across the enterprise to ensure progress towards strategic architecture
- run/chair key architectural or governance forums
- advise on measuring and managing data architecture risk and non-compliance across the enterprise.
- 10+ years of IT working experience
- at least 4 years' experience in data architecture and governance
- experience in developing enterprise information architecture
- experience in developing modern data platform solutions
- experience in developing and implementing data governance, architecture frameworks and processes
- experience in developing and implementing enterprise and business group data strategies
- will have undertaken tool/technology selection (RFP/RFQ)
- experience in developing architectures with open source tools and technologies for big data
- good understanding and experience with the traditional DW architecture solutions
- solid background in data and analytics space
- ability to lead and influence across federated business groups
- proven track record in consulting, architecture, solutioning and implementation
- data/information modelling expertise at enterprise level
- a proven track record of successful delivery
- a strong team player who demonstrates flexibility and a pro-activeness to deliver to business outcomes
- excellent understanding of emerging technologies, and their associated impact on enterprise environments.
We welcome candidates from different backgrounds who believe they have what it takes to succeed. If the above sounds like the right opportunity to further your career, apply via the link below or get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Market Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, Brand & Marketing and the Macquarie Group Foundation.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available. Advertised:
05 Sep 2019 AUS Eastern Standard Time Applications close: