See job description for details
Job Title: Engineer, Java ETL Developer – 12 months Fixed Term Location: Sydney CBD
- Do work that matters by solving problems that enable financial wellbeing
- Collaborate with talented teams of engineers and leaders in their field
- Join a progressive organisation with the people and policies you want
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive and to achieve this, we need a talented Engineer to join our market risk technology squad. The squad resides in the Fixed Income and derivative trading business and have a responsibility to provide normalised and aggregated data to our clients.
This role requires an experienced Java developer to be involved in the architecture and development of the future Market Risk Viewing solution. The future Market Risk Technology architecture will look to target a big data platform
As an Engineer, you will take ownership of design, documentation and development of the solution. Drive continuous improvements of the system development practice and processes. Review all deliverables to ensure quality and conformance to standards. Extraction of data and understanding of how to leverage the data to create value and respond to customer requirements for information. What does a 'day in the life' look like:
What will be in your toolkit:
- Take ownership of design, documentation and development of the solution.
- Drive continuous improvements of the system development practice and processes.
- Review all deliverables to ensure quality and conformance to standards.
- Extraction of data and understanding of how to leverage the data to create value and respond to customer requirements for information
- Software engineering role with diverse data related accountabilities and people engagement
- Ability to learn new tech quickly, problem solve and a can-do attitude will set you on the path to success
- The ideal candidate will be a self starter who can use the tools at hand to provide a solution with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to architect and develop Java for several years.
- In depth understanding of how to develop testable and repeatable code and using CI/CD pipelines and technology such as bitbucket, github, Jenkins, Team City, Circle CI
- An in-depth understanding of high performance multithreaded code is preferred for the role.
- Experience in the financial industry, markets would be highly regarded. Alternatively experience in working with various big data tools.
- Experienced with tools such as Git, Maven, Gradle, JIRA, Confluence and test driven methodologies.
- Strong experience with:
- Years of development experience in Java enterprise system;
- Experience of Java8, SpringBoot, Concurrent programming, JVM optimization;
- Experience of distributed system architecture;
- Experience consuming and producing integration endpoints (e.g. Web services/API, message queues);
- Solid understanding of end-to-end behaviour of enterprise applications, from front end through to database, authentication and access control;
- Practical experience with one of the RDMS system (MS SQL, Oracle MySQL, etc.), experience of SQL query performance optimization;
- Experienced with tools such as Git, Maven, JIRA, Confluence and test driven methodologies.
- Data ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) experience is a plus.
- Experience in the financial industry, markets would be highly regarded
- OLAP cubes (ActivePivot especially)
- Event streaming/ middleware / big data solutions (Kafka/ MQ / Apache Camel/ Spark/ Hadoop/ )
- Cloud knowledge (AWS / GCP)
You’re not expected to have 100% of these skills. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture and we actively encourage people to try new things. So if this role interests you and you feel you have most of these things in your toolbox, we’d love to hear from you. About ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded. We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself
. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number Taleo Job Code (AUS139772)