Economist I, Sydney/Singapore
Job Description A unique opportunity exists for an energetic and enthusiastic Economist I to join our Sydney or Singapore office. The duties are varied and include the analysis of countries and sub-national regions across the Asia-Pacific.
In this role, you will analyze data, contribute country and global city analysis for company publications and write topical analysis. With contributions to our website, Economic View, the incumbent will by cover economic indicators, write blogs, and work with senior staff on other research.
- Assume responsibility for forecasting and analyzing sub-national and country economies, acting as an expert for one or more higher profile states or countries and their metro areas.
- Participate in radio and print media interviews, as necessary, pertaining to geographical areas of expertise.
- Assume responsibility for individual custom contract consulting projects and relationships with supervision.
- Respond to internal and external client requests and participate in client facing meetings. May support senior staff on-site at client conferences.
- Gain experience in public speaking by presenting at internal and external meetings.
- May write programs for custom analysis, estimate more complex equations for model development with supervision.
- May be responsible for development and improvement of proprietary data and economic indicators.
- May contribute to subscription product editing under supervision, and participate in training of Associate Economists.
- May be responsible for quality control of forecasts, and leading product demonstrations.
- Masterâ€™s degree in Economics or related field and three plus years experience -OR- a Bachelorâ€™s degree and five plus years of experience.
- Experience in macroeconomic analysis, technical writing, and econometric modeling software, and statistical analysis.
- Must be a motivated, responsible person who can work well with others independently of daily supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work directly with clients are a must.
Moodyâ€™s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moodyâ€™s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.