ETP/ETF Sales Specialist
- Base + Bonus
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- MSCI Hong Kong Ltd
- 29 Jan 18 2018-01-29
We are seeking a Sydney-based candidate to call on key personnel and decision makers at Wealth Advisory firms including brokers, private bank/ wealth firms, independent financial advisers and model portfolio managers with a focus on influencing strategy, understanding and usage of MSCI-based ETFs.
We are currently recruiting a new sales specialist based in Sydney who will focus on growing MSCI's brand and increasing usage of our ETF products. This person will play a key role in the expansion of our existing client base by uncovering investment needs, educating targets and presenting solutions as well as identifying and pursuing new opportunities with prospective clients. The successful candidate will have a proactive attitude to prospecting and overall business development initiatives coupled with a consultative sales approach. This role will report to our Executive Director of Index/Wealth Advisory Client Coverage-Australia and will collaborate closely with teams across the firm including Index Sales, Research, Marketing and Client Coverage.
Scope of Responsibility /Expectation:
- Develop an account strategy and action plan for growing wider recognition of MSCI and acceptance of MSCI-based ETFs.
- Identify and convert benchmark win opportunities including moves to MSCI-based ETFs.
- Co-ordinate and structure presentation and marketing materials for client meetings and marketing campaigns.
- Expand the existing client database and maintain accurate records of clients meetings and activities in Salesforce CRM.
- Provide feedback from clients to Marketing, Sales, Research and Product Development groups
- Manage day-to-day sales process, including maintaining client lists and entering notes in CRM (Salesforce).
- Partner with the index Coverage team to identify new ETF index opportunities. Travel will be required within Australia.
Desired Knowledge and skills:
- Understanding of / experience dealing with advice and wealth channels as well as research and asset consultant houses.
- Understanding of ETF and ETP structures as well as their investment management processes.
- Strong understanding of the advice process and how to target best opportunities within this space.
- Deep knowledge of local and global equity markets, investment strategy and the various uses of indices in the investment process (asset allocation, benchmarking, attribution, analysis etc).
- Superior communication and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects
- Proven ability to close sales opportunities in the Wealth advisory/ investment market
- Highly motivated with the ability to work individually and within a small team.
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience in the financial services industry with exposure to advice channels and proven record of accomplishment.
- Client contacts in the retail advice segment
- Experience with institutional and asset owner/ pension segments will be well regarded.
- Bachelors Degree required
- CFA charter holder and/or RG 146 compliant would be advantageous