Director, Quantitative Engineer
Director Quantitative Engineer Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) Systematic IBM See yourself in the team:
The Quant, Data, Analytics and Technology (QDAT) function is a division of IB&M that combines key capabilities to drive the IB&M strategy. It includes a range of teams including:
• Portfolio and client analytics;
• Quantitative solutions and quantitative infrastructure;
• Global Economics and Markets Research;
• IB&M Data Office;
• Project Management Office; and
• Systematic IBM.
QDAT works closely alongside the Global Client Solutions, Global Markets FICC and Non-Financial Risk divisions of IB&M. We also partner closely with Enterprise Services technology and operations. Roles and Responsibilities:
This role will be responsible for implementing solutions to provide insights on trading and sales to both front line staff and stakeholders. The candidate is expected to be an ambitious talented programmer and valuable team player.
We are interested in hearing from you...
- Analyzing data and developing tools for end users to gain insights
- Designing and developing more efficient data flows- from collecting and generating valuable datasets for different areas of IB&M
- Ensure strategic delivery, whilst deriving more immediate value along the journey.
- Ensure strong foundations underpin technology solutions for scale, identifying process to automate and enhance data quality used in modelling.
- Autonomously solve complex problems using your technical expertise as a differentiating factor.
- Engage with trading and sales peers to manage expectations.
- Strong attention to detail.
You're a great team player with growth mindset and good communication skills.
You possess some of our criteria with a willingness and initiative to learn the rest:
- Strong Analytical and numerical skills*
- Strong Python Skills*
- Experience with document based and relational databases (e.g. mongo/postgres)*
- Knowledge of data at scale toolsets (Apache Spark / Amazon EMR or equivalent)
- API documentation(Open API), API gateways (Kong)*
- A good understanding of financial markets products*
- Understand the value in defining data / process via automatable workflows (e.g. via BPMN)
- Tertiary qualifications in a numerate, engineering and / or IT based discipline or relevant industry experience.
- Qualifications in Computer Science/Statistics/Financial Mathematics preferred
- Beacon.io / Quartz / SecDb experience
- You are analytical, strategic, and a forward thinking creative-problem solver, highly capable of working proactively within a team, leading by example, managing multiple projects simultaneously while navigating through ambiguity.
- You are enthusiastic, self-motivated and focused on continuous improvement.
- You look beyond the status quo to try new approaches and tools, thereby lifting the overall capability of the team.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 21/04/2021