Director - Industry Strategy & Business Development - Retail & Consumer Goods
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Alliances & Channels Job Details The Team
The Industry Strategy & Business Development team drives accelerated growth across key industries for the region, bringing a unique combination of top tier consulting skills and hands-on industry expertise. The team combines strong industry thought leadership with an entrepreneurial drive to get things done and a highly collaborative mindset. We partner closely with internal sales leaders to shape a locally relevant industry strategy, support the business in engaging key customers in large opportunities with compelling industry insight, as well as evangelise externally to accelerate pipeline. While we focus on the ANZ region, we interface tightly with product and others team in HQ. The Role
As the ANZ Retail & Consumer Goods (RCG) Industry Lead, you will be responsible for delivering the following four pillars of the playbook, from strategy to execution; in order to advance the maturity of the industry, help catalyse large deals and enable high double-digit industry growth:
- Industry Top Accounts: Work as part of the extended sales teams on the key and high potential accounts in the RCG industry in ANZ, providing bespoke industry expertise and best practices in a customer-facing capacity to grow and progress large sales opportunities, working directly with C-/VP-level stakeholders at these accounts.
- Industry Strategy: Support leadership in building Go-To-Market plans to grow the industry and key accounts, helping the business focus on the highest potential sub-sectors and growth opportunities. Manage the Industry Boards (senior cross-functional governance forum to set and implement industry strategy). Act as a trusted advisor to sales leadership.
- Industry Thought Leadership & Expertise: Complement our global sales plays with impactful, locally relevant industry points-of-view and value propositions (incl., industry trends, challenges, Salesforce solutions and customer references). Build credibility of Salesforce and demonstrate its value as a strategic partner for digital transformation to customers and prospects. Enable the internal customer-facing teams on these assets.
- Industry Demand Generation: Provide insight and shape content, evangelise our industry credentials and drive pipe gen; working with the extended Salesforce machine of field marketing, partners, sales programs and inside-sales. Present at major Salesforce events, 3rd party events, C-level round-tables and define impactful sales programs.
- Significant RCG industry experience, either via consulting or directly in industry
- Strong analytical background and consulting experience, ideally at a Tier 1 strategy consulting firm up to minimum Engagement Manager/Leader
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Entrepreneurial spirit and confidence to pick up and lead new projects
- Experience in dealing with senior stakeholders; strong networking and influencing skills
- Ability to lead and influence extended teams without formal reporting-line authority
- Ability to take a practical approach to business development
- Willing to travel (inside ANZ) to support on-going activities, key opportunities (post-COVID up to ~30% of time)
- Exceptional communication skills, and ability to present complex industry concepts internally (e.g., to Sales teams) and externally (in front of senior client or at events)
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.