Digital Transformation Lead - Product
Some career choices have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open
to different ideas and cultures, who can connect
with customers and colleagues and who'll work with courageous integrity
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you'll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
Our ambition is to become Australia's #1 International Retail Bank, to focus on the internationalist customer and to build a progressive bank for the future. We are investing in long term growth including expanding our digital capability to deliver a premium service to our customers. We currently have several new opportunities in our Design, Digital and Delivery (D3) team based in Sydney where you will be driving the fast-past implementation of our Customer Strategy.
Working in the team you will be involved through the design thinking process; finding opportunities, ideating on how to improve, designing and testing prototypes, and then building and delivering transformational change for our customers and people. As the Digital Transformation Lead- Product your main responsibilities will include:
• Co-ordinating effective digital transformation of the value streams within scope.
• Collaboratively managing the Digital Transformation Managers, so that they effectively delivery to the stream-level targets
• Escalation and decision making on cross stream dependencies
• Resource planning and performance management of all streams in scope, and Digital Transformation Managers
• Ensuring that all streams deliver initiatives, and are progessing them through the delivery life cycle within the Design Thinking and DX framework
• Ensuring all streams have a clear plan, and managing co-ordination of those plans where interdependencies across streams exist
• Participating in engagements and activities to manage the streams, including managing Stream SteerCos, Working Groups, Huddles, Strategic Planning sessions, Alignment sessions, and participation in showcases and other forums
• Leading cross-stream prioritisation and decision-making with senior stakeholders
• People management, in collaboration with community leads, to effectively manage resourcing and performance management and development for people across the streams the stream, including business resources, digital transformation resources and tech resources.
• Supporting all members of the streams in delivering and collaborating effectively Qualifications To be successful in this role, you will need:
• Experience of managing large programmes of work within the product domains of retail products and/or wealth.
• Domain experiences with retail banking products, such as deposits, credit cards, and home loans, and/or wealth products required
• Experience working with Product Management teams to improve the end-to-end journeys through the product lifecycle within financial services is required.
• Proven record in delivering digital transformation for 10 years +, with experience across both digital change and transformational change.
• A passion to put customers' experiences and interests at the centre of transformation.
• Experience of human-centred design/design thinking desirable.
• Experience with collaborative and agile ways of working, and with managing teams in an agile context.
• Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating the ability to influence as well as developing strong and productive
relationships with key senior management and colleagues in a complex matrix environment.
• Strong financial services business and product knowledge desirable
Candidates for this role will need to demonstrate they hold Australian or New Zealand PR/Citizenship or working rights given current international travel restrictions Learn more about careers at HSBC
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited.