Development Community Lead
Development Community Lead Some career choices have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open
to different ideas and cultures, who can connect
with customers and colleagues and who'll work with courageous integrity
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you'll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
Our ambition is to become Australia's #1 International Retail Bank, to focus on the internationalist customer and to build a progressive bank for the future. We are investing in long term growth including expanding our digital capability to deliver a premium service to our customers. We currently have several new opportunities in our Design, Digital and Delivery (D3) team based in Sydney where you will be driving the fast-past implementation of our Customer Strategy.
Working in the team you will be involved through the design thinking process; finding opportunities, ideating on how to improve, designing and testing prototypes, and then building and delivering transformational change for our customers and people. As the Development Community Lead your main responsibilities will include
- Manage and develop the developer & testing capabilities within WPB Australia Design, Digital Delivery & Data Team (otherwise known as "DX) by creating an inspiring working environment and motivating the community to achieve the organisation strategy.
Qualifications To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Apply deep experience in testing and development domains and create a cohesive community, providing guidance, instruction, training, and leadership skills to inspire the Development Community to perform at their best, whilst providing development opportunities and fostering career pathways.
- Driving team motivation and positive results in developing team capabilities, display excellent interpersonal skills to build quality relationships within the team and with internal stakeholders, be goal-driven, and able to manage the day-to-day activities of the team efficiently and effectively
- This role will require interaction with a large number of stakeholders including WPB COO, Head of Design, Digital & Delivery (D3), product and channel managers, other DX communities, DBS, HR and other Global Functions.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the community members, including but not limited to quality assurance of deliverables and adherence to DX Ways of Working
- Create an inspiring working environment and motivate the community to achieve the organisation strategy
- Define, implement and execute a timeline in order to achieve community goals/targets.
- Drive resource optimisation/planning through ensuring appropriate delegation of tasks to Community members.
- Champion best practice, act as the Centre of Excellence (SME) for Testing and support complex/high profile initiatives/activities as requested
- Develop and manage strong working relationships within the Tester Community as well as across all DX communities. Furthermore, develop and manage strong working relationships with key partners across Propositions, Product and Channel teams as well as Functions partners (eg. Finance, HR); DBS Partners (eg Transformation, IT, Operations, Procurement)
- Extensive and progressive digital /retail banking / product & multi-channel management experience as a Developer & Tester (both Automated and Manual)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, finance, information technology, engineering or equivalent experience.
- Solid understanding of Digital based banking propositions, systems, processes and operational risk
- Proven experience of leading large teams in particular Developers & Testers. This includes performance management, developing team capabilities and resource optimisation/planning.
- Strong experience working on technology enabled projects, agile ways of working and solution delivery lifecycles
- Proven experience in an IT Development environment with in-depth Java specialisation
- Strong experience in Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal etc.
- Strong experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, BDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automation.
- Strong organisational, problem-solving, communications, analytical, interpersonal, motivational, negotiation, project management and team-building skills
- Strong business acumen and ability to continually make prioritisation decisions and build consensus.
- Strong experience in programming languages/tools/frameworks including the following:
- Java 1.6+ development
- Cucumber or similar framework
- Developing in an agile environment (Scrum, XP)
- TestNG or similar framework
- Selenium Grid or similar tools
- Spring MVC and Spring Integration, IOC, Security
- Unix/Linux shell scripting, BASH, KSH
- Solid relational database knowledge
- XML, XSLT, XSD, JSON, XPath
- J2EE JMS (MQ/Solace), JSP, RMI, Servlets, EJB, REST/SOAP, Web Services
- Oracle SQL PL/SQL, JDBC & Hibernate
- Swing, JQuery
- PFS, AWS, GCP cloud hosting
- Maven releases
- Jenkins/TeamCity builds
- Jenkins/TeamCity builds
- PL-SQL JDBC & Hibernate
- Unix/Linux shell scripting
Candidates for this role will need to demonstrate they hold Australian or New Zealand PR/Citizenship or working rights given current international travel restrictions
Learn more about careers at HSBC w ww.hsbc.com.au/careers
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited.