DevOps & Cloud Engineer - Digital Publishing & Marketing Platform
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, create new businesses, transform how we interact with clients, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Goldman Sachs is establishing a publishing and marketing platform, GS Publishing, aimed at consumer and institutional clients around the globe. GS Publishing is a product-driven team composed of talented and passionate product managers, designers, and engineers.
We are looking for a DevOps and Reliability engineer who has relevant industry experience building CI/CD pipelines, deployment strategies and architectures, and maintaining systems across environments. As an engineer on the team, you will have the opportunity to:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Required Qualifications
- Work on a strategic platform used by all businesses across the firm
- Interact directly with the business and other engineering teams to build innovative solutions to support our business.
- Play a big part in design and implementation in a team-oriented environment.
- Apply an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving and product development.
- Develop your technical skills; we will provide support to help you grow.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience in Computer Science or a related field.
- Cloud experience
- Sound understanding of SDLC processes, CI/CD, IaC, and DevOps principles and best practices.
- Experience with various deployment strategies (e.g. rolling releases, blue/green deployments).
- Experience with agile methodologies such as scrum, and working with product managers.
- Focus on thorough testing, code quality and delivery.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Have some experience in other areas of engineering including Go, Node.js, and React
- AWS experience is highly preferred.
- Kubernetes experience.
- Experience with GitLab CI/CD and 'review apps'/test environments for feature branches.
- Experience with Git Flow, GitHub flow or a similar SDLC.
- Experience with observability, monitoring, and alerting with technologies such as Elastic APM, Kibana, Datadog, Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana, Pagerduty, etc.
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working in a global team.
- Experience with JVM languages like Kotlin/Java/Scala and build systems such as Gradle and Webpack is a plus.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity