Derivatives Java Developer
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 17 Dec 17
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We're looking for a java developer like that to help us with:
– you will work directly with the trading desks. Everyone in the group is integral to the development and support operation of the platform as a whole.
– the system is deployed across many markets: HK, Taiwan, China, Australia, Singapore, India etc.
– the platform is sophisticated and demands high calibre developers that can operate as an integral member of the team, as well as self-directed for development execution
– Market link technology, specifically understanding of FIX is an advantage.
– The core build technology domain is Java / Oracle / Linux / Ant / Teamcity / Scripting / Test Driven Methods & Agile Process / OO Design & principles
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be based in our Sydney city office working as part of our Australian development team which is part of a broader APAC team working on low latency trading platform covering numerous APAC markets, including warrants, listed options and ETF market making and algorithmic trading. The development team is part of a wider global team split mainly across APAC and EMEA. Development for the region is driven out of the local regional team.
Your experience and skills
- strong Java development skills, min. 3/5 years experience
- familiarity with this business domain, and real time trading platforms experience (Warrants / Listed Options / Futures / Market Making & specifics of market links)
- excellent problem solving skills, and quick to pick up new concepts
- to be able to operate effectively in a front office trading floor environment
- an excellent communicator with strong internal client relationship skills
- a self-starter, able to create new solutions independently
- well organised and able to thrive when no two days are the same
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.