Deloitte Digital - Front-End Developer
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Deloitte Australia
- 22 Apr 19
Deloitte Digital - Front-End Developer
- World-class learning and leadership programs
- Flexible work arrangements - work in a way that suits you best
- Fast growing but close-knit and diverse team
You love and understand front-end development. You deliver solid solutions to complex problems and can lead a team to provide consistent, high-quality code. Your attention to your stakeholders business needs influences functional design, prototyping, process design (including scenario design), testing, as well as training and supporting implementation teams. You are the conduit between business, technology and creative and are able to work with a medium to large team to deliver successful product projects.
About the team
A Digital, Customer & Marketing consultancy with the backing of a top-tier firm. Deloitte Digital is where business, creativity and technology intersect to craft beautifully seamless experiences that deliver business outcomes. With a wonderful mix of designers, strategists, technologists and makers, we are a powerhouse committed to transforming experiences and making an impact that enriches people's lives.
Enough about us, let's talk about you.
- A passion for front end development
- Minimum five years of relevant consulting, digital agency or industry experience with hands on development experience with a minimum two years of direct experience as a Senior or Lead Front-End Developer
- Minimum two years of experience working with and coaching junior staff
- Advanced knowledge and literacy in HTML and CSS
- Working experience with CSS pre-compilers e.g. SCSS
- Proven ability to replicate visual design concepts into working HTML prototypes and templates
- Knowledge of Responsive Design and it's implementation across browsers and devices
- Experience with front-end templating languages e.g. EJS, Handlebars
- Experience with front-end build tools e.g. Grunt, webpack, npm, yarn
- Experience with version control systems e.g. GIT
- Good understanding of User Experience focused on web standards
- Fantastic attention to detail
- Cross-browser compatibility experience for all major browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE11, Edge)
- Cross device compatibility experience for all major operating systems and device types (iOS, Android, Windows)
- Experience with creating accessible (WCAG 2.0) websites
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, or with a team
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills
- Strong understanding of the development process, project management principles, client relationship management, and pre-sales activities
- Ability and willingness to travel
Why Deloitte Digital?
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
If you've got any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact Ellie from the ---Deloitte Digital Talent team. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu is the DTTL member firm in Australia ("Deloitte Australia"). "Deloitte" is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients.
Requisition code: AUEXP164053