Deal Desk Coordinator (Sales Operations)
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Finance and Operations Job Details About Tableau, a Salesforce company
Tableau helps people see and understand data. Our analytics platform fuels exploration, allowing you to quickly answer questions with data and share insights across your organization. Global enterprises, early-stage startups, nonprofits, and governments all use Tableau's intuitive software to quickly transform their data into actionable insights. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world! What you'll be doing.....
The Deal Desk Coordinator is responsible for creating, researching, reviewing and verifying details around negotiated agreements and managing approvals around quotes, bookings, pricing and agreements. The Deal Desk Coordinator provides account management support and responds to internal emails and phone inquiries. This position will coordinate logistics across departments and make decisions regarding any necessary approvals from upper management. The Deal Desk Coordinator provides excellent customer service and is detail and process oriented.
Some of the things you'll be doing include...
Who you are...
- Create, review, verify, interpret and approve all incoming contracts and high value and/or non-standard orders for accuracy, including but not limited to confirming contract terms, contact and billing information, pricing, policies, existing legal agreements/pre-existing terms, promotions and purchase order terms and conditions.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure negotiated deals are documented properly and in alignment with Tableau's policies. Interprets policies and processes to make decisions, including next level management approvals.
- Use Salesforce, Excel, Tableau and other tools to research and accurately profile customer accounts and calculate licensing footprint and pricing in order to create quotes, schedules, and amendments that reflect product upgrades, consolidation and co-termination of renewal and add-on orders with varying complexity.
- Creation and fulfillment of custom licensing.
- Lead deals through appropriate approvals from Sales Management, Finance, Development and Customer Operations and ensure compliance with published sales and business approval policies to facilitate deal closure.
- Drive opportunity management processes to ensure visibility and engagement on deals, supporting regular leadership reporting.
- Create and maintain Special Handling and Pricing Objects.
- Operate as an escalation point to business partners for quote-to-cash operations and ensure compliance with published sales and business approval policies.
- Establish productive relationships and feedback loops with Legal, Finance, Sales and Operations management to drive internal stakeholder discussions on alignment and deal efficiencies.
- Support the Customer Operations Management, Executive, Marketing, Channel and Sales Teams for customer specific tasks as required.
- Maintain files and customer records.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Contribute to process enhancement initiatives.
- Experienced. Relevant years of Deal Desk, Contract Negotiation, Sales Operations or related experience desired. Sufficient experience with e-commerce, credit-card processing, entitlement applications and Electronic Delivery Systems preferred.
- Missionary. Highly driven individual with an execution focus and a strong sense of urgency and a belief in Tableau's mission.
- Domain. Experience with Enterprise Account Management, Professional Services & Customer/Partner Relationships in the context of Distribution, Referral, VAR, OEM, Enterprise "Special/Exception" arrangements preferred. 2+ years of CRM experience, Salesforce is a plus.
- Go-Getter. Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful.
- Energy and Enthusiasm. You believe in what we're doing and won't stop at anything to deliver on your goals.
- Excellent Communication. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau will operate independently under the Tableau brand, driving forward a continued focus on our mission, our customers and our Tableau Community. The acquisition closed on August 1, 2019, and Tableau is a wholly-owned subsidiary of salesforce.com, inc.
#LI-KS2 Accommodations -
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.