Data warehouse / ETL QA Lead
What makes Cognizant a unique place to work? The combination of rapid growth and an international and innovative environment! This is creating many opportunities for people like YOU - people with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference in this world.
At Cognizant, together with your colleagues from all around the world, you will collaborate on creating solutions for the world's leading companies and help them become more flexible, more innovative, and successful. Moreover, this is your chance to be part of the success story. Job Description:
Join Cognizant as Datawarehouse / ETL QA Lead; collaborate with our experienced data warehousing and business intelligence teams on exciting client projects! The role
Responsibility includes Business Requirement gathering & Design walkthrough sessions and Understanding the Functional Specification documents and raising of clarifications. Defining the Scope based on the Functional and Technical Documents. Performing gaps analysis by comparing technical documents with Business Requirements and ensuring whether all functional requirements are implemented in technical document. Provide Detailed Test Plan & Test strategy and Preparing Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Scripts & Data Guidelines based on the Functional Specification documents and tools across multiple portfolios to reduce the cost of quality and contribute towards organizational testing policy. Responsible for Data Mockup when any of the business scenarios not met and make sure that Data migrating from the source to target is in line with the logic specified. Responsible in Preparation of Dashboard, weekly status report and Test Summary Report. Performing Root Cause Analysis for Critical Defects and handled Defect Calls. Reporting the Bugs using Defect Tracking Tool and making sure all defects are closed and Publishing Daily Status and Defect Metrics to the client. Designing and implementing test automation framework for data warehouse quality assurance. What does success look like?
- Involved in various phases of Data warehousing project that includes Analysis, Design, and Testing for End-to-End IT solution offerings and Report's testing.
- Good exposure on ETL Testing Methodology for supporting and processing in a corporate wide ETL Solutions.
- Proficient in testing database applications using Bigdata technology, MDM, API , Data Migration testing and BI-Reports testing.
- Knowledge of tools- Teradata, Oracle SQL Developer /TOAD, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, DB2/Netezza/Data Studio 4.1, UNIX, Mainframe, Informatica, Hive, Impala, Hue, Ambari (Web Interface), Phoenix, Soap UI 5.0.0, Postman, Swagger, Cognos, Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI), /EP/TM1/MicroStrategy & Spotfire, Version One, HP QC 10.0, HP ALM 12.0, Rally, JIRA.
- Automation expert in ETL validations between databases, tables using Python and UNIX shell scripts.
- Good at analyzing Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) and developing Test Plan, Test Strategy and Defect Traceability matrix based on business requirements
- Expertise in finding gaps from technical documents by comparing with Business requirements. Performing Data Analysis and Data Profiling
- Hands on experience on Batch loads through INFORMATICA, monitoring and controlling the ETL flow.
- Experience in Agile Methodology and Waterfall model project lifecycle.
- Ability to work effectively in global teams and product owners with different time zones and ready to travel to global client locations.
- Excellent skills in driving defect meetings with the client and suggesting appropriate resolutions
- Exceptional communication skills. Demonstrable ability to communicate complex concepts
- to business audiences.
- Build constructive working relationships and engagement with Team Members, Stakeholders, Customers, Partners, Vendors and all levels of Management.
- Manages the quality of own data input and proactively helps identify risks and issues.
If you feel this opportunity suits you, or Cognizant is the type of organization you would like to join, we want to have a conversation with you! Please apply directly with us.
For a complete list of open opportunities with Cognizant, visit http://www.cognizant.com/careers Cognizant is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check. About Cognizant
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the US, Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.