Data warehouse-ETL- Lead QA
What makes Cognizant a unique place to work? The combination of rapid growth and an international and innovative environment! This is creating many opportunities for people like YOU - people with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference in this world.
At Cognizant, together with your colleagues from all around the world, you will collaborate on creating solutions for the world's leading companies and help them become more flexible, more innovative, and successful. Moreover, this is your chance to be part of the success story. Job Description:
Join Cognizant as Datawarehouse / ETL QA Lead; collaborate with our experienced data warehousing and business intelligence teams on exciting client projects! The role
Responsibility includes In-depth understanding of data warehouse technologies and information systems to formulate data warehouse testing procedures, data transformation stage, and data storage systems also collaborating with cross-functional team. Provide testing leadership, define testing processes, approaches and tools across multiple portfolios to reduce the cost of quality and contribute towards organizational testing policy. Developing standards and guidelines for data warehouse testing to meet business requirements. Responsible for writing programs for testing data for business enterprise data warehouse application. Designing and implementing test automation framework for data warehouse quality assurance. Job Requirement:
What does success look like?
- Work with latest technologies available for Datawarehouse / ETL/BigData QA
- Connect with a team of talented engineers
- Flexible working arrangements available
Salary Range: >$100,000 Next steps
- Providing technical innovation in DW BI, BigData and Cloud QA processes for Information technology projects in domains such as Insurance & Telecom with hands-on experience
- Experience in leading & managing testing team and collaborating with cross-functional team.
- Worked extensively on No SQL databases and SQL databases like Mongo DB, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL etc and knowledge on Azure and GCP Cloud.
- Expertise in SQL scripting and Data Testing which includes Data Consistency, Data accuracy, Data correctness, Data transformation, Data completeness Checks and Data profiling checks
- Automation expertise in ETL validations between heterogeneous databases, Tables etc via custom python framework and cucumber.
- Hands on Business Acceptance Test (Pre-UAT) covering Business scenario validation, Business KPI/metrics validation on Enterprise Data Warehouse - Core Tables, DataMart and BI-Reports.
- Expertise in designing Test Plan/Approach, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Scripts, documentation of Test Results, peer to peer Review and Test Summary Report.
- Supporting engineers on implementing test automation framework.
- Hands-on experience in Talend, Informatica, Shell and Python scripting as part of QA activities.
- API testing using Postman and python scripts and for simulating request from web / mobile api and verified the data correctness in target databases.
- Experience in Agile Methodology and Waterfall model project lifecycle.
- Ability to work effectively in global teams and product owners with different time zones and ready to travel to global client locations.
- Exceptional communication skills. Demonstrable ability to communicate complex concepts
- to business audiences
- Build constructive working relationships and engagement with Team Members, Stakeholders, Customers, Partners, Vendors and all levels of Management.
- Manages the quality of own data input and proactively helps identify risks and issues.
- Knowledge of tools - HP ALM, soapUI, QA Complete, Informatica, SQL Developer, Confluence & JIRA
- ISTQB certified analyst with LOMA 280 & 290 certified for insurance domain.
If you feel this opportunity suits you, or Cognizant is the type of organization you would like to join, we want to have a conversation with you! Please apply directly with us.
For a complete list of open opportunities with Cognizant, visit http://www.cognizant.com/careers Cognizant is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check. About Cognizant
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the US, Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.