Data & Analytics Senior Consultant- Business Intelligence and Visualisation
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
Located within KPMG's Audit, Assurance and Risk Consulting division, Audit Data & Analytics is a growing business that focuses on delivering technology solutions to support external audit engagements. Our specialist team provides data-driven technology-focused solutions to complex challenges for our external audit teams and our clients, identifying risks and providing insights into operations.
Due to growth, we are looking for experienced Senior Consultant - Business Intelligence and Data Visualisation to join our national team and to help support our strategy by:
• Lead the visualisation workstream for data analytics for audit and assurance engagements
• Developing bespoke analytics and visualisation solutions to analyse client data to provide evidence and insights for audit engagements;
• Designing and producing interactive visualisation solutions to provide insights to clients as well as audit engagement teams.
• Provide input and contribute to the planning and delivery of audit engagements including work plans, timelines, project management and resource allocation.
• Guide data analysts in delivery of BI solutions and oversee the development process.
• Provide input and contribute to delivering effective use of technology throughout different phases of audit engagements such as planning, risk assessment and substantive testing
• Share own knowledge and experience with external auditors and data analysts and develop effective relationships with team members; Preparing clear and concise work papers as evidence of work performed in relation to audit and assurance engagements;
• Managing engagements and analysing client information in order to produce accurate reports for audit and assurance engagements;
• Using Data and Analytics (D&A) and other audit tools to enhance effectiveness of audit and assurance services and guide on-shore and off-shore analysts in doing the same;
• Developing knowledge of accounting information systems to interpret accounting data in support of audit engagements;
• Growing our portfolio of services by developing innovative solutions, tools or dashboards leveraging client data;
How are you Extraordinary?
• 3+ years of experience in developing data analytics solutions leveraging BI and Visualisation platforms, such as PowerBI and Tableau.
• Hold a graduate degree and a strong background in auditing or accounting and data analytics or technology with approximately 3+ years of relevant experience gained in a Professional Services or major financial institution environment or similar
• A commercial and analytical mindset with complex problem-solving skills
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence and present your ideas with impact to clients and other key stakeholders
• Self-motivated, positive attitude and lots of energy and drive
• Knowledge of KPMG's bespoke tools for audit or D&A preferred, including KPMG Clara workflow, data workbench, Advanced Capabilities or analytics
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to 'Flexibility' allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Please apply online by submitting your resume and cover letter. A member of the KPMG Talent Acquisition team will contact be in contact once your application has been reviewed. Advertised:
19 May 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time Applications close:
Back to search results Apply now