As an experienced Data Modeller joining our Enterprise Data Architecture Team, we want you to bring your experience and best practice data modelling principles to the project teams you will work with. You will be working closely with our Enterprise Data Architect and various data Producer/Consumer system stakeholders right across our business to continue the build-out of our world-class technical data strategy.
Our Data Modellers drive the standardised definition of our data domains and assist the business users and technology teams to incorporate these into their landscapes to enable business agility and innovation.
We anticipate that to excel in this role you will :
- work closely with Data Architects and various system stakeholders to develop and maintain data models and definitions across all lines of business
- advise and implement best practice data modelling production, storage, and consumption standards
- maintain the glossary / data dictionary
- be involved in project initiatives to drive alignment to our data principles and standards
- build and maintain strong relationships with our key architects and stakeholders
- understand and document how data is, or will be used, and its implications on people, processes, products and technology.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- understanding of data modelling principles
- experience in developing both logical and physical data models
- data analysis and mining skills
- strong analytical skills
- ability to translate business requirements to technical requirements
- ability to translate high level design into specific implementation steps
- experience working with Agile teams.
With the additional skills being advantageous:
- software engineering background
- financial industry experience.
You will bring a resilient character and relish opportunities to stretch yourself. If this sounds like you then get in touch! We also welcome candidates from different backgrounds who believe they have what it takes to succeed. If the above sounds like the right opportunity to further your career, apply via the link below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Digital Transformation and Data, Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available. Our Technology Returner program is an opportunity for you to re-integrate yourself into the workforce following an extended professional career break. Find out more and apply at https://www.macquarie.com/au/about/careers/jobs/returner-program Advertised:
10 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time Applications close: