Data Engineer - Big Data/Azure Cloud
Your passion, integrity and experience are integral to Cognizant's success. You will be welcomed into a dynamic and expanding global leader in IT and Business consultancy where you will be valued for who you are. We take pride in our partnership with our clients, so your ability to add value and provide exceptional service to our clients are fundamental to your success. In return, you will be empowered with opportunities to develop your career and collaborate with talented colleagues in a supportive, diverse environment.
At Cognizant we recognize that companies that are open and welcoming to a multi-cultural diverse workforce will thrive with fresh perspectives and collaborative knowledge. Cognizant is focused on promoting & increasing gender diversity and providing a workplace which encourages great participation and an equal playing field, where merit and accomplishment are the only criteria for success.
This is an extremely exciting time in the Cognizant history. We're in truth growth mode right across our ANZ business, and as a result, we have an opportunity for a Data Engineer/Designer with a background in BigData and Azure Cloud to join our team. If this sounds like you, and you're considering a fresh new challenge, please read on!
The Data Engineer / Designer who will know how to work on potential use cases of Big Data and Azure Cloud, and should have sound experience analyzing and engineering vast amounts of raw data from various systems using Azure PAAS Components, DataBricks to provide ready-to-use data to our feature developers and business analysts. Responsibilities Include(but not limited to)
We're considering applicants with skills and experience closely aligned with the following:
- Requirement gathering and documentation
- Design the architecture and engage with Enterprise Architect for Solution endorsement.
- Identify the gaps in the running system / application, and suggest the ways to fix it.
- Create the Data pipelines and handle the DevOps stack.
- Understanding and working capability with Data ( data engineering and warehouse ).
- Write unit tests and maintain code coverage for developed code
- Hands on experience on Spark ( Preferably Python )
- Working knowledge in Azure PAAS components (ADF, ADLS, Event Hub, cosmosdb, Azure Databricks, Azure Function Apps, etc...).
- Experience in Programming: Java Spring Boot, Scala, Python
- APIs development - REST API design and implementation
- Knowledge of CICD - Git / BitBucket, Jenkins / Bamboo. ( Azure DevOps Preferable )
- Working knowledge of Datawarehouse (preferable SQLDW, Synapse) AND Capable in executing Hive/Impala SQLs.
- Sound knowledge on Spark Query tuning and performance optimization.
- Data visualization experience ( using PowerBI )
- Experience / Knowledge of creating API using Function APPs.
- Advantage on having knowledge on Real-time tool - Kafka, Event-Hub
- Added advantage to have awareness of Agile Methodology and tools like JIRA.
If you feel this opportunity suits you, or Cognizant is the type of organization you would like to join, we want to have a conversation with you! Please apply directly with us.
For a complete list of open opportunities with Cognizant, visit http://www.cognizant.com/careers Cognizant is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check. About Cognizant
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the US, Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant